PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not Eligible for an Upgrade till 9/7/10

Hello All,

I'm not eligible for an upgrade till September, is there anyway I can get the upgrade early?

Can you guys give me options in what I can do to get the EVO earlier than September.

Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Not Eligible for an Upgrade till 9/7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
Hello All,

I'm not eligible for an upgrade till September, is there anyway I can get the upgrade early?

Can you guys give me options in what I can do to get the EVO earlier than September.

Please help!
HERE
HERE
The search button is your friend.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Thx.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Also, I believe Sprint started a program where if you are 0-6 months away from the end of your contract, you can pay $50 to get it on the 4th. 6-12 months....$75.

Not too sure, but I heard of some people being offered this. Retentions dept.

Let us know what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm screwed too, it appears. I want to use the upgrade money from my data card to get the Evo, and add the 2 years onto my voice line, but they will only do it if I extend my data card contract. I plan to turn it off as soon as my friend is done using it (and he's reimbursing me). I was going to get the $99 plan (plus $10 for 4g, so $109). I am on a $49 SERO plan now, so they will get $60 more per month from my voice line, which is more than my current SERO and data card combined cost. But there is NO WAY I'm going to sign on for 2 more years on the data card AND pay $60 more on the voice line. I want them to put the 2 additional years onto the tail end of my voice contract.

They also say that I wouldn't be eligible for the rebate, since the EVO wouldn't be connected for 30 days to the line it was purchased under (the data line). So I offered than they could wipe out the data card upgrade money, and give me a misc. credit for the $150 on my voice line. That way I could buy it on my voice line, get the upgrade credit (in effect, through the "transfer" of the credit to the voice line), and be eligible for the rebate.

I pointed out that there was no way I was going to go into contract on the data card, and when I turn it off soon, they'll be just getting $49 a month from me, instead of $109. Still, they didn't find a way, so maybe no EVO for me. The weird thing is, I'm not asking for a "give", they will be ahead by $60 a month compared to how it's going to be if they won't find a way to override the computer and make the deal happen.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
Hello All,

Please help!
Not sure if you are a premier customer or not but if you are, just call or go online and mention to the rep that you want to try and move up your upgrade date. Most likely they will tell you "No" but they will offer you a credit. I went online and the rep offered me a $100 credit and noted it to my account so when I buy the phone I just have to let them know. yea it's not $250 off but $100 is better than nothing.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I got a rebate on a phone that I switched lines on. My wife joined sprint last year and got the pre (for me). When we got home we swapped the pre to my line and she took my old phone, still got the rebate. BTW, a nice way around the rebate is to purchase through Best Buy or Radio Shack.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Agent: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: I have a few question about upgrading my current phone to the new EVO phone coming in on June 4th

Agent: I would love to address any questions you might have today.

Agent: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. That way, you'll still see this web page while we chat. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.

Agent: Simply click on the white "Yes" button below and we can continue.

You: ok

Agent: Thank you for moving the chat.

Agent: What questions can I answer for you?

You: I have to see what kind of options do I have if I want to upgrade my phone to the new EVO phone

Agent: To provide the best experience, HTC EVO 4G will use Sprint?s industry-leading Everything Data or Business Advantage Messaging and Data plans that include unlimited Web, texting and calling on the Sprint Network to every mobile in America with Any Mobile, Anytime. Everything Data plans start at $69.99 per month.

Agent: A $10 Premium Data add-on will apply allowing customers to take advantage of all that HTC EVO 4G can do.

Agent: EVO is priced at $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes excluded) with a new line activation or eligible upgrade. Pre-registration is available now at Sprint.com/EVO.

You: I'm I eligible for an upgrade?

Agent: To confirm your eligibility for an upgrade, may I please have your billing ZIP code and the telephone number of the device you would like to upgrade?

You: xxxxxx / xxxxxxxxxx

Agent: One moment please.

You: ok

Agent: Sorry, but you are not eligible for upgrade savings at this time. On 09/01/2010 you would be eligible for $75 with a two-year subscriber agreement (or $25 with a one-year agreement). On 07/01/2011 you would be eligible for $150 with a two-year subscriber agreement (or $75 with a one-year agreement).

You: That’s not good news

Agent: So on 07/01/2011 you would be able to take advantage of the online prices and promotions. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to see what the price would be on 07/01/2011.

Agent: Sorry about that.

You: So if I wanted to get the EVO I would have to pay $200 after the mail in rebate?

Agent: You would have to pay the retail price which is 449.99.

Agent: On 09/01/2010 you would get 75 off the retail price with a two year agreement extension

You: Oh no.

Agent: I’m sorry about that.

You: I really want to get this phone

Agent: You can always add a line to your account in order to get the prices and promotions on the Evo.

You: but I can’t afford $449

Agent: If you add a line you would only have to pay the 199.99 after the 100 dollar mail in rebate.

Agent: How does that sound like?

You: but how much does it cost to get another line?

Agent: It depends, which plan are you currently on?

You: 69.99 everything plan

Agent: Okay you would actually have to switch to a family plan which includes the first two phones in the monthly rate. I would recommend the Everything Data Share Plan which is your current plan with two phones.

Agent: The monthly cost for the Everything Data Family Plan varies depending on the number of Anytime Minutes you choose. You can select 1500 minutes to share for $129.99, or 3000 minutes for $169.99.

Agent: You'll also receive unlimited nights starting at 7 pm, unlimited weekends, Any Mobile, Anytime (unlimited domestic mobile calls), nationwide long distance and no roaming charges.

Agent: The first two lines are included, and each additional line will be $19.99 per phone, per month, up to 5 phones.

You: that plan doesn’t sound good to me at all.

Agent: Okay not a problem, you do not have to switch plans to add a line, its just an option.

You: I might have to wait for the upgrade date, or cancel my current phone and pay the early termination feed

You: paying $500 for a phone or changing my plan to a higher rate will not work for me.

Agent: Okay im sorry about that.

Last edited by fceeviper; 05-26-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I got a rebate on a phone that I switched lines on. My wife joined sprint last year and got the pre (for me). When we got home we swapped the pre to my line and she took my old phone, still got the rebate. BTW, a nice way around the rebate is to purchase through Best Buy or Radio Shack.
I called them, but they can't work around the contract extention issue. At least the man I spoke to couldn't
Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Hold on....Fceeviper.....are you on a regular plan or everything data family plan?

Because you need the new plans to use this phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G