PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Backing up my contacts and appointments with Google

I know this probably doesn't belong here, but I figured since other people are creating threads that isn't helping anybody (other than passing time) I would create a thread that would.........well.......@ least help me (and if not just me than other people too)!

Now that that's out the way............HOW IN THE HELL do you sync contacts and appointments with Google?! I went to Googles website but it doesn't work for me! Do I have to be on a stock rom for it to work! Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to sync them successfully because I tried like a millions times with no luck?!?!?!?!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Backing up my contacts and appointments with Google

look here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120651
if you try to synch your tasks it will fail other than that it seems to work fine. When you upgrade to the evo and put in you google account everything should work fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Threadstarter

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr
look here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120651
if you try to synch your tasks it will fail other than that it seems to work fine. When you upgrade to the evo and put in you google account everything should work fine.
Thanks...........but I tried Google Sync already with no luck...and thats the only info they have in there! Everything is fine until it tries to sync......than I get an error and it goes back to the log-in screen that asks for my password and all!

I have a Google account and I just recently got a Google mail account because I heard you need it to sync contacts and stuff with Google! The directons on the Google website for Google sync doesn't work for me!

Can you and some other people who have had success with this volunteer some detailed instructions on how you got it to work.............PLEASE?!?!?!?!

I don't wanna flash back to stock and it still not work.......but if I can't get it by June than I might have to just do it Manually!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From a TP2 you have to go into the active synch app not the email setup app. You also have to turn off the task synching to get it to work/ When I tried by their directions it kept erroring out on me to but when I removed the option to synch tasks then it worked.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Thanks...........but I tried Google Sync already with no luck...and thats the only info they have in there! Everything is fine until it tries to sync......than I get an error and it goes back to the log-in screen that asks for my password and all!

I have a Google account and I just recently got a Google mail account because I heard you need it to sync contacts and stuff with Google! The directons on the Google website for Google sync doesn't work for me!

Can you and some other people who have had success with this volunteer some detailed instructions on how you got it to work.............PLEASE?!?!?!?!

I don't wanna flash back to stock and it still not work.......but if I can't get it by June than I might have to just do it Manually!!!!!!
I was having problems as well until I found out by doing some trouble shooting that it didn't want to sync my calendar. So I just synced my contacts and my emails and not the calendar and it worked just fine. What I did next was used google calendar sync to sync it with outlook on my desktop and thats how I got my appointments and what not to my google calendar. Now keep in mind I am by no means an android or google expert in fact I am a complete android n00b but it worked for me just fine.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman
I was having problems as well until I found out by doing some trouble shooting that it didn't want to sync my calendar. So I just synced my contacts and my emails and not the calendar and it worked just fine. What I did next was used google calendar sync to sync it with outlook on my desktop and thats how I got my appointments and what not to my google calendar. Now keep in mind I am by no means an android or google expert in fact I am a complete android n00b but it worked for me just fine.
WOW....out of all the threads and google searches I have done not 1 of them mentioned what you said! Everybody else said "don't check task" but when I unchecked the calendar it started working......LIFE SAVER! I really don't care about the calendar anyway....just gives me more to do with the EVO when I get it but I have WAY to many contacts to fondle thru! Now it appears on my gmail and google voice accounts!

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

calender worked for me but I don't really use it so maybe that is why. But then again it does have birthday reminders in there so I do have some hmmm!!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:39 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

But you can do the calendar...

The server is iffy. If you can't do it with calendar, uncheck it, sync, then check it, then sync. It will work that way.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
WOW....out of all the threads and google searches I have done not 1 of them mentioned what you said! Everybody else said "don't check task" but when I unchecked the calendar it started working......LIFE SAVER! I really don't care about the calendar anyway....just gives me more to do with the EVO when I get it but I have WAY to many contacts to fondle thru! Now it appears on my gmail and google voice accounts!

Thanks for your help everyone!
LMAO, I feel so special, not bad for a n00b.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize
But you can do the calendar...

The server is iffy. If you can't do it with calendar, uncheck it, sync, then check it, then sync. It will work that way.
I tried that! I tried syncing without calendar than again with it....I tried syncing just the calendar.............no dice! Email works.......but I don't have email on my phone! I tried task and yes....it doesn't work! But I got it now!

One thing though.......it pulled up old numbers that I deleted from my phone from back when I first got the Touch Pro 2......and some of my contacts don't have a picture now! (?) Other than that all I care is that it worked!

Last edited by radar369; 05-10-2010 at 06:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G