PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc6900
Carrier: Alltel

Lost My Mind is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has this ever happened to you?

My contract with verizon is coming to a close I think around july. I was thinking about switching to sprint because of their lower price. I went in to check what my price would be as far as down payment/deposit ect ect ect, and they told me they couldn't offer me a plan on that day, therefore they couldn't get me a price estimate.

Then I got a letter in the mail saying they couldn't confirm my identity and that was the reason I couldn't get a plan (even though I was just checking what my down payment would be in july when I did switch).

I answered all the questions correctly, and I answered all the questions they asked.

What more do they need to confirm I am who I say I am?

Anyone else know a way around this?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Sound weird. All you would need , I believe, is a valid drivers licensee and your social security number. Maybe a credit card too.

Whatever is , get it together before the EVO comes out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Tectronus is keeping up the good workTectronus is keeping up the good work

Sprints web site went through a major redesign a few weeks back.. There are probably just bugs lurking on the web site.. I would call
Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
Sprints web site went through a major redesign a few weeks back.. There are probably just bugs lurking on the web site.. I would call
I agree because it says on my account that I changed a few things and I never did I even called an they said nothing was changed.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Mind
My contract with verizon is coming to a close I think around july. I was thinking about switching to sprint because of their lower price. I went in to check what my price would be as far as down payment/deposit ect ect ect...........
Wait.......did you go into a Sprint store and check or did you do it online?!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Did this at a radio shack.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Mind View Post
probably your problem, the shack.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Mind View Post
Radio Shack uses the same parent company as Wirefly, and the first time they deal with you, they want to verify your identity. I bet one of your answers got keyed wrong. However, since Radio Shack takes their cut, if you want to go through that kind of reseller, you'd be better off using Wirelfy, directly. If you do, be sure to read the restrictions and be willing to abide by them. I have heard some bad things, but have not had any trouble getting upgraded phones from them or adding new lines.

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Doing it at a radioshack is not a big deal to me. Its just that it was close-by. If need be, I can head out to an actual sprint store. Reading these responses is 10000x more helpful then the actual sprint customer service rep I talked to on the phone 15 minutes before I posted this.

My question was "how can I confirm my identity any better then what has already happened?"

His response: "Get sprint to run your credit check"

I told him this is what led to NOT being able to confirm my identity, and his reply was "Do it again"

..........not a good sign for the company I'm switching to.........
Old 05-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Make sure you go into a "Coperate" Sprint Store and not one of these 3rd Party Authorized Dealers...they half the time don't know there face from their butt...Go to Sprints website and search for a coperate store with a repair center or something and go to that one and try it. Did you have to pay a deposit with Verizon Wireless? Are you all current with your bill with them and is your credit ok? Thats all that really matters...as long as you have some extablished credit and have a good standing with Verizon, you shouldn't have to do a deposit with Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G