PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Is there an easier way to change boot animation.??

I've tried to read the instructions over on XDA but that thread is so cluttered it's crazy and almost unreadable..

I found a kick ass animation I want to put as my boot animation but I'm used to the windows mobile days where it was just rename, copy, paste, done... Now with Android it's seemingly a bit more involved... Someone said I have to flash it like I would a ROM or something, but that right there just confuses me because how do you flash an image..?? I've searched for more help but can't find anything but useless clutter, if anyone knows of maybe a 1, 2, 3 step method I'd appreciate it...

Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP
Re: Is there an easier way to change boot animation.??

Going in to Rom manager or Quick boot and flashing a .zip is simple enough. Especially if you rooted your phone and your flashing ROMs. I was recently told, after asking a couple times, that any boot animation can be flashed. That was great for me becuase the last one that I installed was through Pushboot. Its not that pushboot is hard to use, I just like to able to do everything on the fly...not have to be beside my laptop to change ROMs or boot animation. This way I can throw a few ROMs and a few boot animations on my sd card and flash away while I'm stuck at the mall shopping with my fiance....

So you prefer Pushboot or ADB over flashing it?

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

heres pushboot if you want it with some boot animations. someone at XDA cooked it up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4IKH13I

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
heres pushboot if you want it with some boot animations. someone at XDA cooked it up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4IKH13I
Says file is temporarily unavailable..??
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Going in to Rom manager or Quick boot and flashing a .zip is simple enough. Especially if you rooted your phone and your flashing ROMs. I was recently told, after asking a couple times, that any boot animation can be flashed. That was great for me becuase the last one that I installed was through Pushboot. Its not that pushboot is hard to use, I just like to able to do everything on the fly...not have to be beside my laptop to change ROMs or boot animation. This way I can throw a few ROMs and a few boot animations on my sd card and flash away while I'm stuck at the mall shopping with my fiance....

So you prefer Pushboot or ADB over flashing it?
See i'm the same way, I don't always have computer access so to be able to preload some things on my SD card would be beneficial because than, like you, I could do things on the fly... I'm still learning this whole android/linux operation as I've been accustomed to windows for the past 20 years almost lol... I was astonished that I rooted my phone after the OTA 2.2, and had no issues at all... I've been flashing since wm5 days so flashing is nothing new to me, it's just the process and terminology that's different...

So I can basically copy any zip to my SD card, and using ROM manager or Quickboot just install that zip, than that's it..?? Sounds pretty basic...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

haha just did it, wow that was pretty easy through recovery... I didn't realize we could flash individual files, for some reason I thought it only let us flash ROM's through recovery... lol FML =)
Old 09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Download the animation .zip file to your micro SD using phone's browser.

Boot phone into Recovery and select "apply from .zip" Reboot.
That's how I did it, Pretty Simple.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Yeah I got it thanks, was pretty basic lol..
Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Ok now I found some bootanimation's that can't be flashed through recovery, and require pushboot... I've done some reading and wow this shit seems complicated lol...
Old 09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
Ok now I found some bootanimation's that can't be flashed through recovery, and require pushboot... I've done some reading and wow this shit seems complicated lol...
its easy just put the zip and the mp3 in the same folder as push boot then run bush boot it will automatically rename the files and push them for you

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods