PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SoundGate M2 Universal Car Mount

Anyone have any experience or input on this unit...

Looks to be well build and currently there is a Coupon Code bringing the unit down from $24.99 to 4.99 with 5.00 shipping for a total of 9.99.

For 9.99, I think this may be a nice solution... Only draw back I see is the low-pro disk but I think I may have a work around for this... Take a look at the video in the below link as well... Unit pivots around for the perfect position...

Any feedback would be great...

Here's the info if anyone is interested...

Wired for Less:
https://www.wiredforless.com/Product...ctCode=SOUNDM2

Coupon Code: WOOT

TIA!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Re: SoundGate M2 Universal Car Mount

Thanks. Just bought three. I have three cars, so needed one for each.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor

I bought two last week from the link on xda. They work great. Easy instal and not bulky at all. Folds up flat when not in use. I mounted my just right of my stearing wheel. I can reach the touch screen without taking my hands off of the wheel.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
I bought two last week from the link on xda. They work great. Easy instal and not bulky at all. Folds up flat when not in use. I mounted my just right of my stearing wheel. I can reach the touch screen without taking my hands off of the wheel.
Mind posting some pics...? I'd love to see a real shot with the EVO in action...! Maybe a portrait and Landscape pose...

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor

ok i will try to get pics in the a.m. only problem is my phone is my camera. I put the disk on my hard case. You cant have a secure landscape mode. The disk has a notch that locks in place. so it goes in to the sllot in landscape mode and locks in when turned up right.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
ok i will try to get pics in the a.m. only problem is my phone is my camera. I put the disk on my hard case. You cant have a secure landscape mode. The disk has a notch that locks in place. so it goes in to the sllot in landscape mode and locks in when turned up right.
so if u install the disk in a position that it slides on in upright it would lock in in landscape mode..?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Based on the video, it looks like I should be able to slide it in place head down... A quarter turn would put me in Landscape and another quarter turn would put me in Portiat...

I would think that initial quarter turn would be enought to lock in... Maybe playing with the disc placement and finding the perfect spot to make it lock in...

Thanks for the input... Hope to see the pics soon!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Thanks given to the OP... just ordered one along w/ a 2-pack of extra device disks so I have one for my wife's Hero... can't wait to get it!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Here's some user reviews from over at XDA... As well, some pics with the EVO and video showing disc size, etc...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=716736

Beware if you live in warmer climates... It was reported extreme heat (triple digits) can cause the adhesive to wear down...
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 PM
N00b

gmoney91 is just getting started

I used this mount for my zune. The video is deceptive because the front part of the mount always falls down no matter how hard you tighten it. It's probably because of the weight, but I would assume an Evo weighs about the same.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories