PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scott1998ta is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you still install an .apk if it's blocked

I want to try and see if pdanet tablet will work on my EVO 3D but it's blocked by sprint. I've tried finding the file online but have had no luck. I have it installed on my Xoom tablet and was wondering a few things:
1. if I were to find the .apk file could it still be installed on my phone or is it blocked by sprint all together?
2. Is there a way to get it off of my tablet and onto my phone?
I just want to be able to share my phone internet with my tablet. I know sprint has the mobile hot spot crap but $30 a month is not worth it as I'll only be using the phone internet on the tablet maybe 1 or 2 days a month when I'm traveling.
If someone happens to have the apk file that they can send me I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Download appmonster from the market on your tablet, back up the app as an apk, transfer to your phone and install.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b
Re: Can you still install an .apk if it's blocked

Sweet. I'll try that as soon as I get home today. thanks.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1998ta View Post
Sweet. I'll try that as soon as I get home today. thanks.
I'll assume your phones not rooted since you cant install the app and because your mensioning sprint hotspot.

I compleatly agree about the hotspot being crap

Im on sero, so the price of sprint hotsopt is about the price of my contract as is, no point at all to pay double for internet i might use once a week when im in class and dont get wifi

what hboot does your phone have, if i may ask
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

https://market.android.com/details?i...XRlbmFibGVyIl0.

try this
make sure to backup your stock settings

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 11-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b

Appmonster worked like a charm. I used the backup feature to back it up to the sd card and then emailed it to my phone.
I just have the stock sprint rom so you're correct it's not rooted and I have no idea what hboot is on it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:35 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yes you can install it. Do a google search for the apk. Same with the wifi tether app.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Appmonster worked like a charm. I used the backup feature to back it up to the sd card and then emailed it to my phone.
I just have the stock sprint rom so you're correct it's not rooted and I have no idea what hboot is on it.
Under setting then bower turn power saver off.
Then power off and then hold volume down and power till it turns back on. It will say hboot suchandsuch

Sent from my PG86100
Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

scott1998ta is a n00b

HBOOT 1.50.0000
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
HBOOT 1.50.0000
Figures as much lol.
Well if you don't already know, in order to root your EVO you'd have to go through htc.com but I don't really recomend it.
Their is someone who ses he has a root method in the works that doesn't void warrente.
Hopefully he not just jerking the chain.

But concidering the fact you didn't even know how to get to hboot I'm going to assume you didn't really have interest in rooting.
I don't blame you.
When i got my phone I wasn't going to root it till I saw that I had hboot 1.30

And even then all I did was flash a stock 2.3.4 sprint ROM and then got a tethering app lol

Sent from my PG86100

Last edited by aedon; 12-11-2011 at 06:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D