PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to the Evo 3D!?
Upgrade to Evo 3D! 93 68.89%
Stick with your Evo 4G! 17 12.59%
Upgrade and keep your Evo 4G! 14 10.37%
Wait for something else/better! 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 3D!

This Guy is called bluescreen and he works for sprint and here his what he had to say..

I wanted to express my appreciation to all who have been posting with excellent ideas/concerns with respect to next generation EVO. The show will answer most of the burning question out there, but remember, the cat is not out of the bag yet! So keep up with your wish list as we did with the original EVO almost a year ago. I am positive we will be working on fit and finish until launch day.
I am still packing spread sheets, data reports, and presentation for the big show. I am sure you all can understand this is a busy time. I'll be away for a bit during that period. I'll still throw out some bites from my EVO 4G of course, but were confident the show will have most of the important questions answered.

I will be focusing more on the technical aspects. There is no way a person could stand on stage and talk about DLNA for 20+min. and cover other important aspect of the device.

Let's quash some rumors up front. The screen will be 4.3in Qhd 3d screen. The actual form factor of the EVO 3d will measure up a bit smaller. Good thing for those still wearing jeans with small pockets. We couldn't shrink the over all size that much, because we understand that people want protective cases and we didn’t want this to interfere with the touch screen. The feeling is we have a good balance, where you guys feel as though it's just one big screen in your hand, but very portable. I can say it works really well when playing around with the 3D camera's. Move the camera's in and out when video recording a person face, it does an excellent job of making the face appear as though it is protruding out of EVO 3D's qhd screen. (Weird, especially if it's Dan H)

Big news that nobody is talking about is DLNA and DRM.
DRM: EVOtees have been clammering for Netflix, Hulu, and Blockbuster. You all know that it’s been slow going due to DRM issues. This will not be the case with EVO 3D. Scorpion chipset and some back door work not only enabled this, but polished to a point of being effortless. DRM validation is instantaneous. You go to your favorite Digital content provider, handshakes with DRM on your EVO 3D and your done. Login to your account, your streaming! I thought it was a load of you know what with original EVO. Original EVO will have this feature as well.

DLNA: This technology has been out for some time, but I feel sense UI 2.0 has been able to put the polish it needs to shine. The DRM issue resolved, DLNA will not only allow for digital content to stream to EVO 3D, but to any DLNA certified HDTV/PC monitor/DLNA Mobile device. I am sure your asking what does that mean and how does it apply to us? (Example) Sitting in a local coffee shop, your friend is sporting HTC View tab and you HTC EVO 3D. You ask if your friend has seen this movie.(No) You say start up HTC Media Link and we can check out together. Both of you are watching the same movie on your "OWN" device having a cup of Joe.
HTC Media link will be incorperated in both View and EVO. So far we have tested and ran. 720p/1080p/BMP/GIF/JPEG/XVID/3GP/WMV/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 video formats and Audio: WMA/AAC/MP3/ACC+
So far we are just working on the GUI for improved user interface. Functionality certified, and expected at launch.

Root: I know there is concern out there that "I don't want to have to root my EVO to do XYZ" Every effort is being made to include everything possible up front for EVO 3D right out of the box. (Netflix, Hulu, Full hdmi mirroring, and HTC Media Link) I still need acknowledge Dev community. They have not only kept EVO 4G fresh, vibrant, but more importantly relevant. We want to respect the efforts of the DEV community and honor why android OS is about choice. That is why EVO 3D will not be shipping with a boot loader lock.

Bluetooth: larger library, we herd, we listen, and we going to deliver. (fingers crossed) We are in the process of setting up a library targeting specifically for k/b, mouse, and yes game pads. I mentioned in an early post w/new sense UI 2.0 EVO 3D will be more at home than ever in landscape mode. We have simultaneously used bluetooth k/b mouse combo with DLNA in the back ground. You can look up Netflix movies w/mouse/kb and stream it to DLNA HDTV. We’ve been listening.

I know on the thread somebody mentioned they would like more on board memory cause XYZ phone has 16gig on board memory. Cost is important factor to consider, because we know we need to make EVO 3D appealing to everyone. Most devices with a 16gig, 32gig, have the option of a removable sdcard. DRM improvements has allowed us to enhance app2sd. Once again, were early in the game as silicon improves, it's a simple matter of swapping out die's. So there is a potential of improvement, if we can do it, and keep cost to the consumer in mind, it will happen. I am sure you all have herd of 128gig sdcard and were working on getting that implemented for original EVO through either the Dev community or OTA. EVO 3D can't talk about that.

fps lock: Not on EVO 3D. Dual core processors, larger battery, more efficient Adreno GPU made this a non issue.

Last but not least, on a lighter note, EVO 3D printing money? Not in our life time! Sprint does have some great programs supporting EVO 3D, like $125 dollars off to port over a new cell number, premier customer program, and mail in rebate. That is about as close EVO 3D will get to printing money! (Enjoyed YouTube Clip too.)
Now it’s time for a fine scotch/cigar and catch a plane in the morning.
Enjoy the show! Cheers,
BSOD(>-_0<)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up HTC EVO 3D features confirmed ahead of CTIA Announcement!

HTC EVO 3D features confirmed ahead of CTIA annoucement!

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere before, but here's a link (with legit and actual photos of the feature list) confirming a lot of the big ticket specs of the Evo 3D we've heard rumors about...

Quote:
"The EVO 3D has been rumored for weeks now, so it should come as no surprise that Sprint will be making this announcement at their lengthy 2 1/2 hour CTIA press conference. If you’ve been following along, then you probably have seen these specifications before but, they have never been this close to being official.

Pocketnow somehow scored some photos of what appears to be an official spec listing for Sprint’s EVO 3D. On the placard we can clearly see that the device is going to be coming with a host of amazing features including a 4.3 inch qHD display with 960 x 540 resolution along with support for 3D, dual 5 mega pixel rear cameras with flash, and a front facing 1.3 mega pixel shooter. The rear camera will be capable of taking 1080p video and 720p 3D video.

It will also employ a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and will weigh 6 ounces.

No release date or pricing was visible but luckily we will only have to wait until tomorrow to find out those details for sure.

The report also confirms some of the specifications of Sprint’s HTC EVO View 4G which will be their version of the HTC Flyer tablet that the company launched back in February at the Mobile World Congress.

Sprint’s EVO View 4G will come equipped with a display featuring 1024×600 resolution, a rear 5 mega pixel camera, a 1.3 mega pixel front facing camera, along with a 1.5 GHz processor."
Old 03-22-2011, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Bluescreen who works for sprint also stated this...

Wow, seems like were creating quite buzz today. I haven't even had a chance to show up yet, and we are still a day away from announcing anything. I want to ensure people that there is going to be no thunder, spot light, and anything of the sort to be taken away from EVO 3D, EVO View, Nexus S 4G, and a few others to be announced.

I think it is time to kick things up a notch though. I predicted EVO 3D would have some folks asking themselves what the hell? I think will move into a next phase called industry first.

I will have to correct myself on a earlier post about EVO 3D and 10mp camera. I don't know if it is going to be a correction, but clarification. I will go into that later.

First:
1) HTC EVO 3D will isolate twin cameras to produce the firsts 180 degree panoramic photo at 5mp resolution. (Option will be in sense UI)
2) HTC EVO will produce the first ever 10mp photo on cell phone by using what is called paralax photo capture (each camera will capture an image and over lay it to produce 10mp photo) (Once again tap on 10mp photo)
3) Light sampling will be independent of each CMOS sensor to produce what will be close to night vision capture (Night Owl)
4) EVO 3D Hollywood, EVO 3D is only device on the market with next generation Qualcomm processor's with built in DRM. EVO 3D will support all digital streaming content (Netflix, Hulu, and other independent sites with DRM subscriptions.)
5) YouTube 3D part of the EVO 3D Hollywood pack.
6) True 4G, EVO 3D will be the industry first (LTE+WimaX) device. Sprint has plans for all 4G devices to be backwards compatible and be able to support (Wimax+LTE) (Shift/Epic/EVO/etc.)
7) Will be the first none Nexus device to launch with Google 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
Worlds first qHD 3D display on a 4.3in screen (Pixel Density Classified)
9) Industry first dual channel 1gig DDRRAM and with active 4gig tri-channel ROM (5gig total Ram with unlimited ROM as SDcard will act as more like a HD drive)
10) That is just a few of the industry first that will be presented on EVO 3D launch.
There will be no thunder stolen, no spot light stolen, and no industry first stolen from HTC EVO 3D gram for gram this is undisputed superphone.

We will over clock the cpu, gpu, and memory to a point of embarrassment. Scorpion has had no problems testing at 2.0ghz, Andrenio x2 clocks, memory 50% clock. I know this would come at a cost to battery life, but larger battery will handle it better then current EVO. A phone launching the same time as EVO 3D will be irrelevant for at least one year. I think it best for companies to slow there roll and go with the flow and stay stock for the time being.
I wanted to launch EVO 3D July 4th for obvious reasons, but now it will be in June in celebration of EVO 4G one year anniversary.

VP of one company/Chairman of another company/Fellow of IEEE/Phd. Mathematics /Phd. Computer Science /Phd. Plasma Physics /US Naval Pilot (5 Tours in Afghanistan and Iraq)
Regards,
BSOD
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

thx for the info sauske.....I'm liking what I'm hearing
Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wtf, its 2:15 and no announcement!

Cooler than your EVO
Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Really like what I hear so far...lack of kickstand seems odd with all the new media streaming options supported here. Maybe Seidio can throw one in their case.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah no kickstand is weird. I cant see how the combo of 3D and 4G wont make this bigger battery worse than what we have
Old 03-22-2011, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

The dual cores are asynchronously clocked so hopefully that leads to some battery life savings...
Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx for the info sauske.....I'm liking what I'm hearing
No problem, and hopefully everything pan out about what he spoke about!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

HTC EVO 3D first hands-on! -- Engadget

HTC EVO 3D vs. EVO 4G... fight! -- Engadget

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D