PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] CleanROM 2.3 - 9/3/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than Ever!

I just added the Sprint Lover Icon set with 6 overscroll colors for your enjoyment!

As always you can view them on my site instead of inspecting each one in ROM Updater!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 09-03-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ms30250

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

Updates in Version 2.3
Removed: Teeter, Gooogle Music, XDA App, Google+, FOTA Updates
Added: Quick Lookup
Added: MMS Options - 5 MB Limit with Back Up and Restore
Added: Camera Mod with HDR and Panoramic modes
Added: Zip Align on boot
Updated: WiFi Tether to 3.1B6
Updated: Minor UI Changes to ROM Updater
Moved: Flash Light to System

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering!
Should this be a clean install, or can I avoid the data wipe and just do dalvik/cache?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms30250 View Post
Should this be a clean install, or can I avoid the data wipe and just do dalvik/cache?
Scrosler is probably gonna say do a clean install but I would just do dalvik/cache, LOL. Anyway me personally I am simply just lazy as hell and it takes a lot of time getting my phone the way I want it so in most cases I would just do dalvik/cache and I haven't been having any issues at all doing it this way. Now if I am coming from a rom from a different chef then I would do a clean install.

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

@scrosler

What happened to the shutter sound option in the camera app, I don't even know how long its been missing but I notice its missing now. I like mines off at all times.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it had something to do with the recent 2.3.4 update so everyone is affected it would seem. I always had it off so with all the roms I flashed since it stayed off but since I just did a clean install coming from omj I noticed the sound was back on so when I went back in to turn it off I notice the option was gone.

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-03-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Scrosler is probably gonna say do a clean install but I would just do dalvik/cache, LOL. Anyway me personally I am simply just lazy as hell and it takes a lot of time getting my phone the way I want it so in most cases I would just do dalvik/cache and I haven't been having any issues at all doing it this way. Now if I am coming from a rom from a different chef then I would do a clean install.
Was thinking the same, thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started
Yeah same here but how to enable panaramic camera?

Sent from my PG86100 using PPCGeeks
Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bling26 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bling26
Re: [ROM] CleanROM 2.2 -8/27/11- GB 2.3.4 - The Best Never Rest!

[QUOTE=scrosler;2142010]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bling26
Just installed the 2 transparent updates from rom updater (pull down menu and apps screen) and they rock however all of my sd shortcut icons reverted back to generic android icons at every restart just like the old htc problem??? Anyone else encounter this?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

I cant say on that one. I will look into it.

Hey Scott, I just flashed 2.3 and all is working great now, I noticed you do not have the transparent pull down menu anymore so I only installed the Rosie and right after I installed it I started having the generic android icon deal again (HTC problem before 2.3.4) so I installed your Rosie default from the rom updater and the icon problem is GONE! So I am pretty sure that was my problem... Have you or anyone else run into this problem? Let me know what you think or if you need more information and THANX FOR THE GREAT ROM!

Last edited by bling26; 09-03-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno_666 View Post
Yeah same here but how to enable panaramic camera?

Sent from my PG86100 using PPCGeeks
Its in the new release. Just press the wand button and select it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling26 View Post
Hey Scott, I just flashed 2.3 and all is working great now, I noticed you do not have the transparent pull down menu anymore so I only installed the Rosie and right after I installed it I started having the generic android icon deal again (HTC problem before 2.3.4) so I installed your Rosie default from the rom updater and the icon problem is GONE! So I am pretty sure that was my problem... Have you or anyone else run into this problem? Let me know what you think or if you need more information and THANX FOR THE GREAT ROM!
I have not had reports of it but everyone has a diff experience. Re the affected app(s); Can you uninstall then re install the the app to see if that fixes it?

But i have an idea now... But need to know if app re-install fixes it. And are these SD Card apps?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Its in the new release. Just press the wand button and select it.

I have not had reports of it but everyone has a diff experience. Re the affected app(s); Can you uninstall then re install the the app to see if that fixes it?

But i have an idea now... But need to know if app re-install fixes it. And are these SD Card apps?
For me, right after I installed the rosie transparent pull down, the status bar was gone completely.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by draghn View Post
For me, right after I installed the rosie transparent pull down, the status bar was gone completely.
You may notice that I removed that on the current release because of that issue. You must be installing from a saved file?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development