PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile on the Incredible

I realize that I am going to get flamed. But is it possible? I have been a WM user for several years using custom roms, DCD Nuerom and Energy on my old ppc 6800 and now on my Touch Pro. I am pretty much locked into verizon because it is the provider that I can get service at my house with. It is time to get a new phone and the TP2 just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. I really want an HD2 but we all know that is only on tmobile which has no service in my area. Now having said this, I really like WM and have no intention of switching to android. I use the phone for business and like how Office is well integrated into windows I can't be all alone, come on people lets hear what you think, be nice to me, I am prepared to just stay with the Touch Pro until verizon comes out with something better.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Windows Mobile on the Incredible

Who would want to take a blazing fast phone and slow it down to a crawl with windows ????????????hahaha.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

for one its not legal... for 2 what jbh00jh said.
and what do u mean how well office is intergrated... its not at all the company that made the handset had to pay m$ to put mobile office on the phones.
you are gonna be waiting for a wp7 which is gonna be worse than android. and it takes away alot of the features you currently like.

think of it this way you are like the die hard xp users. and its now the windows7 era
only instead of windows 7 its linux in the form of android
Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

see. I knew it would sound nuts. I just want to get as close to an hd2 as I can on verizon.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

what do you mean. xp is as solid as a rock. who uses linux any ways they have what, less users than appleo. you are probably right though, 655 is probably the pinnacle of wmk. wm7 will be made for kids. look at the kin phones,eww

Last edited by frizzlefry; 04-26-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey man , nothing wrong with hoping . I was wm since 2005 but have enough sense to realize wm can't touch the Incredible. I have been on the HD2 forums and read a lot of complaints about that phone. I will personally be glad to get away from the lags and soft resets. Thursday can't come soon enough !!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck man.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

kin phones are based from wp7 kernel but it's NOT the wp7 OS at all. They are dumbphones for the social networking crowd not to be mistaken with the real wp7 superphones when it comes to hardware and features.

as for the incredible running wm, imo it's not gonna happen. First, it's licenced so if M$ found out there was a port going on, the developer might get a cease and desist order if not seued.

second, android is really shining due to it surpassing wm in many levels and it will soon be the OS to have by wm lovers for it's features, customization, rom flashing, tweaks, apps, etc. Plus, docs 2 go has document editing as well as exchange support so business users csn soon migrate to Android cuz it's covering most if not all the features needed to actually have wm over it and it's doing a much better job at doing so also since M$ dropped most power users with wm7.

third (and this might sound cold) but the grand majority of Android users would laugh at the fact of someone actually wanting to run wm over Android on their devices, so the interest is a small fraction compared to people that want Android on a WM device
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
...But is it possible? I have been a WM user for several years using custom roms, DCD Nuerom and Energy on my old ppc 6800 and now on my Touch Pro. I am pretty much locked into verizon because it is the provider that I can get service at my house with. It is time to get a new phone and the TP2 just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade....
i can see where you are coming from. however i coulda sworn i read somewhere that vzw was not going to release an new winmo phones until wp7 is out. and personally i think wp7 looks promising. yeah sure, its nothing like winmo6.x.x, but thank god. and as stated above has nothing (other than kernel) to do with kin.

what i am doing is taking this time (hiatus until wp7) to try out android. for all i know i may love it, and if i don't, i know for a fact it won't be worse than winmo 6.x.x, so i'd rather play with that until wp7 comes out and has been out for a little while to get its rough edges smoothed so to say....

i would look into office support on android if i were you
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP

I still don't believe that the WM7 phone will end the lags and soft resets.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

that Documents To Go sounds promising, too bad it is $15. What about things like scilors groovemobile for wm? is there a lot of free dev going on or is it just fart apps?

Last edited by frizzlefry; 04-26-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I may be catching on

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible