PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: verizon

infamousj012 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to infamousj012
phone won't sync to computer since v3 upgrade..

any suggestions..? because it's pissing me off, i just had to format my memory card and now i can't upload more music on to my phone, this blows.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: phone won't sync to computer since v3 upgrade..

1 of 2 things

1. you can use the crappy HTC software

2. depending on which OS you have(Vista & Up) you should be able to just plug and it will find the drivers. then you should just switch it from charging only to disk drive and copy all your music over then or you can use your media player
Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

blah i got lazy and went and got a sdcard adapter.. it still won't connect for some reason and i'm using windows 7 so i know it's not the os that the comp is running, i think it's because my "charger/usb port" is loose from it getting yanked out by cousins and brothers pulling it out when they're getting my phone for me.. i'm just waiting to get the new line on my phone because my girlfriend from some reason claims to want my phone.. i'll either trade her for her sh*tty crackberry- or (more than likely) look into getting another htc- because i'm just about completely fed up with this phone. :/

my friend is about to get the evo, and i don't want to get the incredible because i see it being nowhere near as good.. other than the processing chip and the fact it's a droid, blah. anyways.. kind've ranting here.

thanks for the info though, like i said i just got lazy and grabbed an adapter. ugh. wheres the root for this v3 leak.. (i want to root and convert back to 1.5 or OTA 2.1 so i can take this sh*t in..)lol.

Last edited by infamousj012; 06-15-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: editing the cursing.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousj012 View Post
blah i got lazy and went and got a sdcard adapter.. it still won't connect for some reason and i'm using windows 7 so i know it's not the os that the comp is running, i think it's because my "charger/usb port" is loose from it getting yanked out by cousins and brothers pulling it out when they're getting my phone for me.. i'm just waiting to get the new line on my phone because my girlfriend from some reason claims to want my phone.. i'll either trade her for her sh*tty crackberry- or (more than likely) look into getting another htc- because i'm just about completely fed up with this phone. :/

my friend is about to get the evo, and i don't want to get the incredible because i see it being nowhere near as good.. other than the processing chip and the fact it's a droid, blah. anyways.. kind've ranting here.

thanks for the info though, like i said i just got lazy and grabbed an adapter. ugh. wheres the root for this v3 leak.. (i want to root and convert back to 1.5 or OTA 2.1 so i can take this sh*t in..)lol.

thats funny you say that because now all of a sudden when its sync'ed to my pc by usb and if i slightly touch it or if a notification goes off and i slide the screen, the connection drops and then sometimes i have to unplug completely and then replug it all over again. so i know what you mean by that

also the Incredible is on the same level as the Evo. heres a good site that breaks them down

http://www.brighthand.com/default.as...int+Comparison

if you feel like waiting a little longer Droid X and Droid 2 are coming. if you feel like waiting even longer LG Panther is 4Q 2010
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

..while moto had the game back in like 2006.. it's 2010 now and idk that i trust them on the whole phone level lol.. my razr was cool.. when i was in high school.. then the razr2 came out and was recalled in what, like three months? i'm a little more advanced now and besides this phone htc hasn't let me down.. and it's not really this phone's fault, as i read from *oneders* i think in another post, this phone just didn't get the promotion that phones like the evo, hero(even though it's practically the same) and incredible have, therefore, it doesn't get the same pushes on software like they do (roots and whatnot). so with that being said... even though it's off topic..

i've talked to a former verizon rep.. and he said "well since you voided your phone with the leaked update, there's no reason to worry about voiding it by unscrewing the back and cleaning the trackball so that it works properly.."

only reason i dread doing that is what if i want to sell it one day, i mean, i'm not going to lie and say it's in perfect condition but i don't want the void stickers to be broke.. that's like selling someone a phone with waterdamage.. the only issue now is when it's actually plugged in and most people plug their phone in at night ie it wouldn't be a big issue... idk. i want a *NEW* phone.. thx for the website breakdown btw lol

Last edited by infamousj012; 06-18-2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: [edit in *'s]

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris