PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 08:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

slowputer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint SMS sending issue

I am not sure if the problem is with my Diamond or my wife's Treo 650, but here it goes...

She keeps receiving the same SMS over and over. And they are the SMS I sent her from my Diamond. Only my messages. It happens every few days or so. Any insight?
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Sprint SMS sending issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowputer View Post
I am not sure if the problem is with my Diamond or my wife's Treo 650, but here it goes...

She keeps receiving the same SMS over and over. And they are the SMS I sent her from my Diamond. Only my messages. It happens every few days or so. Any insight?
that's pretty weird, sometimes when in a bad service area I know it will put it in the outbox then send it when I'm in range and resend it a couple times after that sometimes (for no reason). I'm assuming you soft reset your phone every day or couple days right?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

slowputer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that's pretty weird, sometimes when in a bad service area I know it will put it in the outbox then send it when I'm in range and resend it a couple times after that sometimes (for no reason). I'm assuming you soft reset your phone every day or couple days right?
I only soft-reset after an issue (lockup), or when the EVDO is not working fast enough in full coverage area. I am very proud of my "non reset" status.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
I only soft-reset after an issue (lockup), or when the EVDO is not working fast enough in full coverage area. I am very proud of my "non reset" status.
proud as you may be, it may well behoove you to see if it stops this txt thing
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

slowputer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
proud as you may be, it may well behoove you to see if it stops this txt thing
Will try it. Thank you kindly
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Will try it. Thank you kindly
sure, and try to see if when you're sending sms, if it tells you "out of coverage, will send later..." or something like that.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Are you using a custom rom or sprint stock?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since your info says Juicy ROM, I wonder if you used the Clear Storage method to hard reset after flashing. This is a known issue and doing the flash shipped, flash Custom, and then clear storage method seems to be the only fix. If in fact that is the same problem.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

slowputer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Since your info says Juicy ROM, I wonder if you used the Clear Storage method to hard reset after flashing. This is a known issue and doing the flash shipped, flash Custom, and then clear storage method seems to be the only fix. If in fact that is the same problem.
I did not know that. When I get home and can sych again, I will do a clear storage. Thanks=D>
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I did not know that. When I get home and can sych again, I will do a clear storage. Thanks=D>
be sure to back up storage!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond