PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc dia
Carrier: metropcs

deralick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Not receiving in coming text messages

I have a HTC diamond flashed with Juicy, the phone works (calls) , I can get online(internet) , I just cant get text messages , I can send them and I can send and recive them to myself but I have had 6 friends txt me , while next to me or on the phone and still have never got them , I started service JUly 5th with metro, the phone was flashed with mighty rom by its old owner , I was not getting signal or txts with that so I flashed it with a new radio and then still nothing so I flashed with Juicy can anyone help me please, thanks

please take it easy on me I am a noob and this is my forst post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Not receiving in coming text messages

do you have bad service where you are at? can you call out? go to start>settings>phone>advanced tab?? (its the 2nd tab from the right) and find "mode of operation" set that to 1x only and see if you can get txts then. also how long does it take you to get your own messages? i would say hard reset but if you said you had this same problem with a different rom then that sounds like it wouldnt work either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

deralick is a n00b

Service is ok, I can call out, get calls in when I txt myself its about 30-60 secs to get my own message, I changed it to 1x and still nothing, thanks for the help though, any other ideas would be great.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try a different radio. 1.11F works best for me.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

the only thing i can think of is flash to to stock and take it to your carrier and have them send you another one in the mail. easiest thing in the world.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

deralick is a n00b

I am going to try to change the radio ver and see f that helps, is there a 3rd party texting program like chomp sms that I can download maybe that would do something, I know I am grasping at straws.....
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

deralick is a n00b

stii nothing................ :0(
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

proslasher is a n00b

OH NOES!

I wonder how long its gonna be before we see more of these... :-\

Oh, and here are some posts I made a few days ago warning that this may happen to all of us alltel customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proslasher View Post
So everyone knows about the Alltel/Verizon Merger.
I have an Alltel HTC Touch Diamond. I love that phone. It's the best in the world...

A few days ago, My phone no longer received texts/email/internet. It's because the towers in my area were upgraded to the new software which renders alltel phones useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proslasher View Post
07/02/09

Two. Do not get the Alltel Version. All the people who have the Alltel version (including myself) will find out with in the next week here that the Alltel phone is not compatible with the Verizon network. When you call 611, they will send you out a Verizon phone which (read above) sucks.

Today, I noticed I'm not getting texts until about 2 to 3 hours after the other person (my friend) sent it to me. Also, my internet is working about 40% of the time now. It's not a software issue, it's the actual network according to VZW. Those crooks want me to "upgrade" my plan (which costs an additional 40 dollars a month) and they want me to "upgrade" my phone (again, see above.)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

This really sucks for you guys! The only advice i would have is to flash to the shipped rom, see if that works, if not, maybe reflash to a new rom. Doubt any new sms programs will work, the phone's just not "grabbing" them. If what prolasher is saying is true, that's a crime. reflash back to stock like psycho said, and go throw the phone at someone that works for alltel!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

proslasher you make no sense. i got a freaking letter in the mail saying that your phone will still work when the merger is complete.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond