PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Not receiving in coming text messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74057)

deralick 07-08-2009 02:38 AM

Not receiving in coming text messages

I have a HTC diamond flashed with Juicy, the phone works (calls) , I can get online(internet) , I just cant get text messages , I can send them and I can send and recive them to myself but I have had 6 friends txt me , while next to me or on the phone and still have never got them , I started service JUly 5th with metro, the phone was flashed with mighty rom by its old owner , I was not getting signal or txts with that so I flashed it with a new radio and then still nothing so I flashed with Juicy can anyone help me please, thanks

please take it easy on me I am a noob and this is my forst post

psycho_maniac 07-08-2009 05:07 AM

Re: Not receiving in coming text messages

do you have bad service where you are at? can you call out? go to start>settings>phone>advanced tab?? (its the 2nd tab from the right) and find "mode of operation" set that to 1x only and see if you can get txts then. also how long does it take you to get your own messages? i would say hard reset but if you said you had this same problem with a different rom then that sounds like it wouldnt work either.

deralick 07-08-2009 11:18 AM

Service is ok, I can call out, get calls in when I txt myself its about 30-60 secs to get my own message, I changed it to 1x and still nothing, thanks for the help though, any other ideas would be great.

MrObvious 07-08-2009 02:52 PM

Try a different radio. 1.11F works best for me.

psycho_maniac 07-08-2009 02:53 PM

the only thing i can think of is flash to to stock and take it to your carrier and have them send you another one in the mail. easiest thing in the world.

deralick 07-08-2009 06:39 PM

I am going to try to change the radio ver and see f that helps, is there a 3rd party texting program like chomp sms that I can download maybe that would do something, I know I am grasping at straws.....

deralick 07-08-2009 07:51 PM

stii nothing................ :0(

proslasher 07-08-2009 09:12 PM

OH NOES!

I wonder how long its gonna be before we see more of these... :-\

Oh, and here are some posts I made a few days ago warning that this may happen to all of us alltel customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by proslasher (Post 1011748)
So everyone knows about the Alltel/Verizon Merger.
I have an Alltel HTC Touch Diamond. I love that phone. It's the best in the world...

A few days ago, My phone no longer received texts/email/internet. It's because the towers in my area were upgraded to the new software which renders alltel phones useless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by proslasher (Post 1011676)
07/02/09

Two. Do not get the Alltel Version. All the people who have the Alltel version (including myself) will find out with in the next week here that the Alltel phone is not compatible with the Verizon network. When you call 611, they will send you out a Verizon phone which (read above) sucks.

Today, I noticed I'm not getting texts until about 2 to 3 hours after the other person (my friend) sent it to me. Also, my internet is working about 40% of the time now. It's not a software issue, it's the actual network according to VZW. Those crooks want me to "upgrade" my plan (which costs an additional 40 dollars a month) and they want me to "upgrade" my phone (again, see above.)

Mattemer 07-08-2009 11:03 PM

This really sucks for you guys! The only advice i would have is to flash to the shipped rom, see if that works, if not, maybe reflash to a new rom. Doubt any new sms programs will work, the phone's just not "grabbing" them. If what prolasher is saying is true, that's a crime. reflash back to stock like psycho said, and go throw the phone at someone that works for alltel!

psycho_maniac 07-08-2009 11:27 PM

proslasher you make no sense. i got a freaking letter in the mail saying that your phone will still work when the merger is complete.