PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dioamond
Carrier: Sprint

NeedAnewPhone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS stoppped working....

The gps on my diamond and my girl friends diamond both stopped working last Sunday. It simply will not detect satellites/. It used to work fine and I didn't change anything on the phones. Once in a while when I have google maps open it will prompt me to upgrade or update not sure which, but it only comes up randomly and I have not done it. Also it will say weak gps signal. Anyone else having this problem. I am running RSTOYguys ROM, but I don't think that has anything to do with whatever the problem.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: GPS stoppped working....

Have you tried to run the quickgps utility? It should be in Programs if I remember right...if not check Settings.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

You're going to get a few replies indicating that this is the ROM upgrades forum ... fyi, this is the wrong place to post about this.

So, can you elaborate about what you may have done to remedy the issue.

A Hard Reset (AKA Clear Storgage - a system settings applet) will reset the phone to an absolutely stock state for the ROM you are using. You will loose all settings and data, but it typically resolves strange issues.

A soft reset may clear up the issue, too - without loosing your data.

Also try to pull the battery and leave the phone without power for five or ten minutes, reinstall the battery and restart the phone to see if that has any impact.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAnewPhone View Post
The gps on my diamond and my girl friends diamond both stopped working last Sunday. It simply will not detect satellites/. It used to work fine and I didn't change anything on the phones. Once in a while when I have google maps open it will prompt me to upgrade or update not sure which, but it only comes up randomly and I have not done it. Also it will say weak gps signal. Anyone else having this problem. I am running RSTOYguys ROM, but I don't think that has anything to do with whatever the problem.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had a tp internal gps die, just got a brand new one free and they let me keep the old one.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dioamond
Threadstarter

NeedAnewPhone is a n00b

I have tried soft resetting, and tried to run quick ps but when it tries to download it says connection failed.I have the internet on my phone, but I have also tried it with a wifi connection, and when its connected via active sync. It won't download the app. I would prefer not to do a hard reset because it takes so long to put the music back on.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAnewPhone View Post
I have tried soft resetting, and tried to run quick ps but when it tries to download it says connection failed.I have the internet on my phone, but I have also tried it with a wifi connection, and when its connected via active sync. It won't download the app. I would prefer not to do a hard reset because it takes so long to put the music back on.
Some advice, post in the right section, thank the people that have helped you, and hard reset like previously stated since QuickGPS is a no go.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:04 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i had a tp internal gps die, just got a brand new one free and they let me keep the old one.
Can I have the old one?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Can I have the old one?

At least offer to cover postage ...

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I have had the same issue from time to time. The GPS will just stop working for a couple of hours without explanation. All the suggestion offered above will usaually will fix the issue though

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 06-21-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Can I have the old one?
oh snap, don't do it Darren. we'll lose him to the tpro just kidding Groove...considering you already have a tp rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond