PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

lancia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Taskbar Icon Lost

I have an HTC Diamond flashed with the new WM6.5 widgets from cooking my own ROM. When I turn BT on, there is no taskbar icon. From what I have read, it seems that it is a problem with the default dialer. I have seen a number of posts saying that you need the Opal/Jade dialer. I tried that and when I installed it, the BT icon appeared (although it looked really crappy) but the phone dialers are QVGA if I am not mistaken so they were really small and unusable.

I installed wmdialer_Bluetooth.cab. That too added a BT icon but again it looked really goofy and when I tried to skin the taskbar icons with tsowen taskbar, it didn't skin the icon.

So I found BluetoothIconNotifier.cab for samsung PPCs. This actually looks like the correct BT VGA icon and works but again, when I try to skin the taskbar icons, this doesn't skin.

Now I have been trying each of the dialers in the kitchen to see if they show the icons. With the stock Sprint ROM I have the icon, no problem. I'm sure it has something to do with the WM6.5 defaults and/or the dialer.

Anyone else know how I can fix this so I can get the BT notification as well as be able to properly skin it?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth Taskbar Icon Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia View Post
I have an HTC Diamond flashed with the new WM6.5 widgets from cooking my own ROM. When I turn BT on, there is no taskbar icon. From what I have read, it seems that it is a problem with the default dialer. I have seen a number of posts saying that you need the Opal/Jade dialer. I tried that and when I installed it, the BT icon appeared (although it looked really crappy) but the phone dialers are QVGA if I am not mistaken so they were really small and unusable.

I installed wmdialer_Bluetooth.cab. That too added a BT icon but again it looked really goofy and when I tried to skin the taskbar icons with tsowen taskbar, it didn't skin the icon.

So I found BluetoothIconNotifier.cab for samsung PPCs. This actually looks like the correct BT VGA icon and works but again, when I try to skin the taskbar icons, this doesn't skin.

Now I have been trying each of the dialers in the kitchen to see if they show the icons. With the stock Sprint ROM I have the icon, no problem. I'm sure it has something to do with the WM6.5 defaults and/or the dialer.

Anyone else know how I can fix this so I can get the BT notification as well as be able to properly skin it?
You'll need to use the HTC dialer if you want to be able to change the icons with Tsowen's, etc. I think gadgetfreak made a BT icon for the stock 6.5 dialer to match one of his newer custom 6.5 taskbars. You can find it in the sticky thread here in the last couple of pages (though he might update his post on the first page with it evenutally). Other than that, you'll need to use the samsung one or learn how to change the icons yourself with the ones you want to use.

Last edited by mwalt2; 06-17-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Bluetooth Taskbar Icon Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia View Post

With bluetooth notifier the icon is part of the program, so it doesn't skin with everything else. You can use the bluetoothnotifier cab I posted in my HTC Dialer Alternatives thread if you want - I changed the icon in it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond