PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Palm Treo Pro, Blackberry Curve, HTC Mogul, 6700, MOTO Q9C (JUNK)
Carrier: SUPER GEEK IN TRAINING !!!!
Location: I LIVE IN A VAN! DOWN BY THE RIVER! IN BRISTOL, CT...SOMEWHERE NEAR ESPN..

mullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated Version-POCKETSIELD V2.7.1

HEY ALL- NOT SURE IF ANYONES AWARE OF THIS, AS OF JUNE 2, 2009 A NEW VERSION OF POCKETSIELD IS AVAILABLE FOR TOUCH PRO'S/DIAMONDS AS WELL AS OMNIA'S!! I AM CURRENTLY USING THE NEW VERSION IN MY NEVER ENDING QUEST TO FIND A SCREEN LOCK PROGRAM THAT I LIKE! LOL.. BUT, THERE ARE SOME SIGNIFICANT CHANGES AS FAR AS NOTIFICATION OPS AND SOME OTHER CHANGES FOR THE BETTER WITH THIS VERSION, WHICH ARE LISTED BELOW. I HAVE PROVIDED A DOWNLOAD LINK TO THE DEVELOPER SITE FOR ALL, TO INSURE UPDATED DOWNLOADS.. ENJOY!

Supported devices

Supported for: HTC Touch Pro(Fuze), HTC Diamond, HTC Diamond-2, HTC HD and Samsung Omnia.

Software requirements

Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5 or above. Most ROMs already have it, in case not you can get it here (CAB install for device / 2.64 MB). This CAB is an extraction of the complete Microsoft package (33MB for all PDAs).

Languages
Settings are available in the following languages: EN, FR, RU, PT, DE, IT, HU, NO, SK, SV, ES, CS, RO, TC, CN, NL, CA, PL, JP, DK. [Want more languages?]

PocketShield installation instructions:

1. Copy the downloaded PocketShield.CAB file from your PC to any directory on your device.
2. If you don't have the Compact Framework 3.5 download this CAB and put it also at any directory on your device.
3. On your device, install the .Net Compact Framework CAB. If done previously skip this step.
4. On your device, click the file PocketShield.CAB and follow instructions.
Done. To start PocketShield do Start-->Lock. To change settings go to Start-->Programs-->PocketShield.

Evaluation version

Non-activated software will have a 10 second count down screen shown randomly saying that you are running the a free copy (this will not interfere with phone calls). At any moment you can activate your copy and get some more.

Recent updates:

6/2/09: Builds 2.7.1.X:
Language updates.
[Omnia]: Auto portrait on power on.
Fixed: "Please wait..." message issue in Design tab (specific ROMs).
Fixed: WM notifications sometimes not showed up after unlock.
[Omnia]: Fixed key locking on END long press.
Bug fix: Voicemail not enabled in notification boosting

5/27/09: Update 2.7.1:
Improved controls for Design tab.
Persistent settings for layout and background.
Themes browsing and installation directly from device (required internet connection).
Fixed: unlock with D-pad button issue.

5/25/09: Build 2.7.0.1:
Fixed: Bug in saving gestures settings (Omnia).
Fixed: Email count always 1 in "Only new email" notification.
Fixed: Startup shortcut encoding issue with western characters.

5/19/09: Version 2.7:
New release. What's new here.

4/17/09: Builds 2.6.2.X:
Fixed issue with themes.
Added Chronos-Alarm and Cradle-Alarm compatibility.
CallerID showing "Unkown" on non-english ROMs.
Voice mail icon display issue (Omnia)
After calls from unkown contacts, caller avatar stayed visible.
Lock screen issue during process of dialing (fixed).
Light sensor at dark reading 1 lumen when playing musig caused unlock (Omnia).
"Evaluation" message caused some issues (fixed).

4/1/09: Update 2.6.2:
Display contact name during call (instead of just "Connected")
Added Danish language to Settings.
Fixed callerID picture display (Omnia).
Omnia version becomes official!

3/29/09: Update 2.6.1:
Added: Voice-mail notification.
Added: Lock(or power off) with stylus in (HTC only. See ReadMe for setup)
Improved: Light sensor calibration (Omnia only)
Version history | Customer reviews

TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF POCKETSHIELD V2.7.1, GO TO THE DEVELOPER SITE VIA THE LINK PROVIDED.

http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/download.htm

JOIN THE COZBOOGIE MALITIA...CHICKS DIG IT!!!
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9439

HELP A WHITEBOY BUILD HIS REP, HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU OUT... THANKS!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Updated Version-POCKETSIELD V2.7.1

Is this any better than S2U2?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Palm Treo Pro, Blackberry Curve, HTC Mogul, 6700, MOTO Q9C (JUNK)
Threadstarter
Location: I LIVE IN A VAN! DOWN BY THE RIVER! IN BRISTOL, CT...SOMEWHERE NEAR ESPN..

mullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

def more simpler, weather its better that depends what your looking for. s2u2 def has more ops, but i think PS is a nice alternative.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, I'll stick with my S2U2. I was thinking this might have a feature that it didnt. Thanks for sharing though.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

it does, it can be set to unlock using gestures (shaking phone), either shake front left to right or flip face up n down. it also uses the light sensor to lock and unlock phone, so when you take it out of your pocket it unlocks and then locks when you put it back into your pocket.. answering calls can be by gesture or s2a. I dont use thar feature though cuz i like the black s2a i have. PS has a feature that protects calls from being answered by accident if your phones in your pocket. If you use that featurethen when you get a call, you would have to eiher shake your phone to answer or slide finger from top to bottom. It is def one of my fav locking programs, along with s2u2. Its easily skinable too. those are just a couple things i can think of...
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullaneyiv View Post
it does, it can be set to unlock using gestures (shaking phone), either shake front left to right or flip face up n down. it also uses the light sensor to lock and unlock phone, so when you take it out of your pocket it unlocks and then locks when you put it back into your pocket.. answering calls can be by gesture or s2a. I dont use thar feature though cuz i like the black s2a i have. PS has a feature that protects calls from being answered by accident if your phones in your pocket. If you use that featurethen when you get a call, you would have to eiher shake your phone to answer or slide finger from top to bottom. It is def one of my fav locking programs, along with s2u2. Its easily skinable too. those are just a couple things i can think of...
Oh? I like that shaking thing, I'll give it a go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond