PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Unhappy Strange problem....

I just got my Diamond and have been bringing it up to snuff with my favorite apps and whatnot. So i go into my camera and get all psyched about using the panorama stitching, and it tells me the memory is full. It is set to save to the internal memory, 3+ gigs of which is free, and every other shooting mode tells me i have like 10000 pics left and 21 hours of video, but panorama says i'm out of memory. Any ideas? Stock rom btw.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work
Re: Strange problem....

Try closing all running programs, and maybe a soft reset
Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

done both multiple times. no dice. also, another problem im having is that if my phone is on for longer than like two hours, opera wont start until after a soft reset. help please!!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

upgrade from stock to one of those wonderful custom roms out there or at least to a newer version of sprint's official rom...

DIAMOND
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

nosro is just getting started

Try going into Opera and clearing the cache (under "Privacy"). For some reason, even when you set a cache limit, I have noticed that sometimes Opera exceeds it. While you are at it, consider reducing the cache to 2MB instead of the default 4MB. This has solved most of my "out of memory" notices.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosro View Post
Try going into Opera and clearing the cache (under "Privacy"). For some reason, even when you set a cache limit, I have noticed that sometimes Opera exceeds it. While you are at it, consider reducing the cache to 2MB instead of the default 4MB. This has solved most of my "out of memory" notices.
that solved my opera problem, but alas no solution has come to my panorama dilemma, so i guess....bump
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work

i also had that same panorama prob when i got my phone i never found a solution just flashed a custom rom from here or go to the htc site and d/l the sprint upgrade rom if ur afraid to unlock ur phone and flash a custom rom. Go here for the new sprint update rom http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

Last edited by gameover; 04-22-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
i also had that same panorama prob when i got my phone i never found a solution just flashed a custom rom from here or go to the htc site and d/l the sprint upgrade rom if ur afraid to unlock ur phone and flash a custom rom. Go here for the new sprint update rom http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all
if i could hit the thanks button twice, i would. i had no idea an upgrade was available. i know what im doing tonight!

Last edited by bradart; 04-23-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Officer Android
Threadstarter

The rom update from HTC did the trick, and the bigfixes for other stuff was nice too. Thanks a ton!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

As I've mentioned in other posts, a clean up app (MemMaid or SKTools) is a must. Over time, your device will accumulate a ton of junk files, which can also cause memory issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond