PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: nunha
Carrier: sprint

manoosie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unique Exchange Problems

So my IT guy at work has never gotten exchange to work on my diamond. Well, he actually did a few weeks ago but it was not in my outlook mail, it was through a new account (which, together with my gmail account made it look like I had three accounts when I actually only had two). Even then he only got it going for my email and not my contacts, calendar, etc.

I upgraded to the Mighty Rom (really like it so far) but I lost my exchange. The phone was totally clean and he could not set it up yesterday. I do not think he tried the non outlook account approach. He showed me what settings he was doing, and they are the same settings I have been trying.

When I connect to activesync through the computer it gives me the error 85010014. Many sites recommend repairing or reinstalling outlook; reinstalling is not an option for me and I tried repairing to no avail. Plus, I do not think its an outlook problem considering he set it up last time independent of outlook.

My question is this: do you have any tricks I can try? How did he get my phone to have an outlook account in my email yet set up exchange in another account? Thanks for any help...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

TimBal is becoming a great contributor
Re: Unique Exchange Problems

If you are using Server 2003, you are going to need a server certificate to get exchange to work. Ask your IT guy to get it for you and put it in your external storage area on the Diamond. You will also need the server address and domain information for setting up active sync. Again, ask your IT guy.
Current Radio: Sprint 1:11
Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I believe we have a 2003 server. I got the server address and domain information. I recall being able to get the certificate from accessing my work email through internet explorer. Care to explain how I do that?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ok, I think I got the cert through outlook web access and still no luck. Also, I do not believe he obtained a certificate the first time he did it...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I don't know if this pertains to your problem,
but my school's exchange won't work due to their firewall.
I had to get the IT guy to allow my phone's IP access to it.
I personally don't know much about exchange servers,
but we got it working when he allowed it,
but then I performed a hard reset and it erased all the info,
like a dummy I forgot to back that info up.
But I just have my teachers email me at a gmail account since my student email only let me receive like twenty emails total and then it would be over the size limit, so I just said f*ck it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoosie View Post
Ok, I think I got the cert through outlook web access and still no luck. Also, I do not believe he obtained a certificate the first time he did it...
Hey,

Here are instructions I posted in another thread along with a site that explains the process in more detail. Hope this helps:

Essentially just installing the root certificate wasn't enough for me. I ended up installing certificates to the intermediate level as well and finally starting connecting properly. It has worked flawlessly for months now. Here is the article on how to get certificates and install them. the key is to grab all the certificates meaning grab not just the root level cert but the ones above it as well (you will see this after reading the article). they will install to the intermediate level. good luck.

this allowed me to install two more certificates to the intermediate level rather than just the root level.
http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/installing-windows-mobile-60-root-certificates/
Old 04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey,

Here are instructions I posted in another thread along with a site that explains the process in more detail. Hope this helps:

Essentially just installing the root certificate wasn't enough for me. I ended up installing certificates to the intermediate level as well and finally starting connecting properly. It has worked flawlessly for months now. Here is the article on how to get certificates and install them. the key is to grab all the certificates meaning grab not just the root level cert but the ones above it as well (you will see this after reading the article). they will install to the intermediate level. good luck.

this allowed me to install two more certificates to the intermediate level rather than just the root level.
http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/installing-windows-mobile-60-root-certificates/
I just installed 2 certificates successfully (it was every cert available). I have certs installed at both levels. Still no luck... where is your previous thread? Thanks for helping...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoosie View Post
I just installed 2 certificates successfully (it was every cert available). I have certs installed at both levels. Still no luck... where is your previous thread? Thanks for helping...
Here is the thread that I added the comments in. Hope you find a solution.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...5+certificates
Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

What about the other employees? Do any of them have WinMo? Do those that have WinMo phones, do they work?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

A year ago they did but now they all have blackberries. He got it to work on my phone before (just email), but it was a new account along with my gmail account and an empty outlook account. Is there a difference between an account being the outlook account and a separate account? I tried to create a new account along with my outlook one but it did not give me the exchange option, presumably because you can only have one exchange account...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond