PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Still having problems with Diamond not ringing

Try adjusting your SCI to 1.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Try adjusting your SCI to 1.
Adjust your Slot Cycle Index.....how often your phone checks the tower to see if you have a call, it is usually set to 2 or 3, the lower being your phone checks more often, but may use more battery.

0 = 1.28 seconds, 1 = 2.56 seconds, 2 = 3.84 seconds etc.....

I set mine to 0 always and never really notice a drain.

You need your MSL code
1. dial ##778#
2. hit edit and enter your MSL
3. Hit "view info" lower left side, select modem settings
4. Highlight slot cycle index and hit "menu" lower right side
5 Hit edit and change to 1 or even zero, hit ok and exit out and reset...Done
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I never notice a drain usually at 1. But thanks for backing me up.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamnond, BB Bold
Carrier: Sprint, AT&T

Devilish is just getting started

good info. I have to try this. Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started

Hey this was a problem that i was having with two brand new touch diamonds. Called up Sprint they didnt really do anything. What I THINK my problem was. I flashed the lates V1.11f sprint radio to my diamond, to both actually and for some reason that caused the problem. I flashed the diamond verizon radio (randomly) and for some reason i no longer have any more problems receiving delayed incoming calls or texts. I have no reason to try and other radio (to scared to lol) What i would do, flash the verizon radio, its going to automatically hard reset your phone. Then call up sprint and tell them that your having this problem blah blah blah and have them reset ur account. There then going to tell you to that ur going to need to shut your phone off for 30 seconds power it back on and then click on update profile. If the verizon radio doesnt work, its one of those trial and error things. But i believe that should work.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

akates is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
Hey this was a problem that i was having with two brand new touch diamonds. Called up Sprint they didnt really do anything. What I THINK my problem was. I flashed the lates V1.11f sprint radio to my diamond, to both actually and for some reason that caused the problem. I flashed the diamond verizon radio (randomly) and for some reason i no longer have any more problems receiving delayed incoming calls or texts. I have no reason to try and other radio (to scared to lol) What i would do, flash the verizon radio, its going to automatically hard reset your phone. Then call up sprint and tell them that your having this problem blah blah blah and have them reset ur account. There then going to tell you to that ur going to need to shut your phone off for 30 seconds power it back on and then click on update profile. If the verizon radio doesnt work, its one of those trial and error things. But i believe that should work.
I've tried a bunch of radios (stock sprint, 1.11 sprint, and Telus) but haven't tried verizon. I'd really like to avoid hard resetting if at all possible, does it really hard reset as the other radio ROMs don't?

Also, I've already done the SCI to 1. I can try 0 but I doubt it'll help as it either works fine (rings on 2nd ring for caller) or doesn't work at all. It's not like there is a 3-4 second delay which is what the SCI would fix.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

I doubt this solved my problem, but call up sprint and ask them to reset your account. They did it to mine, tech said it was like he just added this phone brand new to the account. Should solve any problems. Don't think it solved my problem, thought my problem was switching to the verizon rom.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

it also happen to me when i received i call it ring 3 times then it stop.....
it bug me out.... but not all the time.....
Old 03-30-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

occhris is a n00b

I have the same problem with my phone. My callers complain I never answer the phone (straight to vm) and texts are delayed as well. I brought it into a repair center and they're swapping it with another device.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

akates is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by occhris View Post
I have the same problem with my phone. My callers complain I never answer the phone (straight to vm) and texts are delayed as well. I brought it into a repair center and they're swapping it with another device.
I hope this works for you but I'm on my third and they all do the same thing. It also seems like it happened a lot a month or so ago, then was better for a while, now it's happening again. Really strange and very frustrating.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond