PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

akates is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still having problems with Diamond not ringing

I've had this problem with 1 touch pro and now 2 diamonds so I really don't think it's my particular handset but I have no idea how to fix it. Occasionally when people call me it rings 4-5 times on their end and then goes to voicemail without it ever ringing on my end. This isn't the problem where the ring is delayed but the flashing starts immediately, it never flashes or rings period. Sometimes I won't even get the voicemail notice until I make an outgoing call. Once I make an outgoing call then incoming calls work fine, it's just like it looses the ability to receive calls sometimes and I need to make an outgoing to wake it up. This is with it both in standby and not in standby mode and I just can't figure it out. I don't believe it's a signal thing because while I only have 1-3 Ev bars, when a call comes in or goes out I have 5-6 1x bars. It even happens on roaming. I've already set my tower delay from 2 to 1 and that hasn't helped. It either rings on my end on their 2nd ring or it never rings at all. Any suggestions as this is driving me nuts!!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Still having problems with Diamond not ringing

sounds like something on your end, are you using custom ringtone? phonealarm? i would hard reset and leave it on default settings and get some calls to see if its on your end.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've done that. This happens out of the box as well and it's even worse that way until I put on a new radio. I've now had it happen with 3 phones out of the box as well as flashed with custom ROMs/radios.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

wow, crappy luck i guess. ive had 2 tps and 2 diamonds and never had a problem. maybe call sprint if you dont get a answer here.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

clewis4u91 is a n00b

I occasionally have the issue but it's not all the time. I'm on Bell in Canada.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by akates View Post
I've had this problem with 1 touch pro and now 2 diamonds so I really don't think it's my particular handset but I have no idea how to fix it. Occasionally when people call me it rings 4-5 times on their end and then goes to voicemail without it ever ringing on my end. This isn't the problem where the ring is delayed but the flashing starts immediately, it never flashes or rings period. Sometimes I won't even get the voicemail notice until I make an outgoing call. Once I make an outgoing call then incoming calls work fine, it's just like it looses the ability to receive calls sometimes and I need to make an outgoing to wake it up. This is with it both in standby and not in standby mode and I just can't figure it out. I don't believe it's a signal thing because while I only have 1-3 Ev bars, when a call comes in or goes out I have 5-6 1x bars. It even happens on roaming. I've already set my tower delay from 2 to 1 and that hasn't helped. It either rings on my end on their 2nd ring or it never rings at all. Any suggestions as this is driving me nuts!!
Are you using stock or custom ROM's? Some of the custom ROMs had this issue due to some problems with the kitchens. I think most of the kitchens have been updated and fixed to not have this issue anymore.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreading View Post
Are you using stock or custom ROM's? Some of the custom ROMs had this issue due to some problems with the kitchens. I think most of the kitchens have been updated and fixed to not have this issue anymore.
It happens on the stock sprint ROM as well as OMJ's 2.00 ROM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
It happens on the stock sprint ROM as well as OMJ's 2.00 ROM.
I would contact Sprint because it sounds like something is causing your "MSID" to reset. This will cause the no call effect. But the thing that gets me is the same problem on so many different phones and roms? Unless there is a problem with the transmition towers around your area.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-28-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
I would contact Sprint because it sounds like something is causing your "MSID" to reset. This will cause the no call effect. But the thing that gets me is the same problem on so many different phones and roms? Unless there is a problem with the transmition towers around your area.
I have no clue what it is but I don't think it's the MSID because that's always set correctly when I do a ##786#. I can also call voicemail or call out at any time with no problems. It's just incoming calls. Maybe it's just the towers by my house? My wife's phone (samsung m520) doesn't have this problem.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600
Carrier: sprint

olefafl is just getting started

Quote:
My wife's phone (samsung m520) doesn't have this problem.
Switch yours & your wifes phone numbers. That way you will see if its your phone or something else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond