PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

berniebennybernard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cracked Screen; Which Path?

Hmm... well I called Bell and they said that I need to go to a Bell store to get it inspected prior to getting the insurance. What are the chances of me getting it replaced? They said they need to check to see if there is already damage on it.

Is there a way I could replace the screen without voiding the warranty, get the insurance, and then crack it for a new phone?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

since ur within 30 days....

Old 03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
S2W
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

S2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the community

I agree peace of mind its what is important... get the insurance and all you have to do is pay a deductible.

If not you will

Old 03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniebennybernard View Post
Hmm... well I called Bell and they said that I need to go to a Bell store to get it inspected prior to getting the insurance. What are the chances of me getting it replaced? They said they need to check to see if there is already damage on it.

Is there a way I could replace the screen without voiding the warranty, get the insurance, and then crack it for a new phone?
Don't just crack it. They may give you insurnace.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Went to Bell yesterday, the guy said he could gladly add insurance to my phone plan since I have had it for less than a month. However, he said that I would have to pay a $150 deductible every time I were to send in the old phone for a new one.

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpWl...hone_Care.page

"The Premium plan covers failure due to defects in parts and workmanship, normal wear and tear, accidental damage, power surge and loss or theft for $7 a month"

So can anyone explain to me whether or not a cracked screen would be covered by this warranty? I cracked the screen on mine and it was accidental, but he said since it was my fault, I'd have to pay $150. Doesn't really make sense if I could just replace it myself for $30.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Or your nearest repair center can replace the screen for you free of charge if you have insurance. That's how I did it, and take it from someone who had his screen replaced before.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

phone insurance is just like car insurance. premium plus deductible no matter if its your fault or not. doing it yourself, you always run the risk of breaking something that cant be fixed, so if your are skilled, i would do it yourself, if you have any doubts, do the insurance route.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Reflashing and adding insurance are the best route [if committing insurance fraud doesn't bother you]

But I would keep the insurance because you never know when you'll need to replace a $500 phone for 1/10th of the cost...

EDIT: Its $150 for the deductible... OUCH

Well, if you can do the replacement yourself and leave NO signs of being in your phone [somehow keep warranty stickers in tact], you could take the now seemingly undamaged phone to your carrier for a manuacturer's defect... [random soft resetting? Overheating?] Be creative...

Last edited by [sammich]; 04-03-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I don't think I'll opt to get insurance after the deductible charge (I didn't know about it prior to the original post). Most things should either break down in the first couple months or last a lifetime from my experience, and the manufacturer warranty should cover all of the above except physical damage such as the glass crack I have, but I went to an authorized repair shop recommended to me by Bell, and they offered to fix it for $30, way better than the $150.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yougivemerash!!! is just getting started

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I cracked my screen just now and mine is in the same condition as the OPs.

Everything on the phone works fine, no dead pixels, no screwiness, every part of the touchscreen works like new. It's just that the screen is cracked.

I don't have insurance and I'm pretty technical and good with my hands so I'd like to replace it myself.

What do I exactly need? Can anyone help me out? I don't want to get a unneeded part or the wrong thing.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond