PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

stillryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Threaded SMS not working

I tried searching for an answer, but i didn't find one here in the diamond forum. I have a girl at work who has a diamond and her threaded sms just stopped working. She's running the stock rom and hasn't done any kind of tweaks or reg edits. I tried to fix it, but for the life of me i can't get it to go back to threaded.

When you go to the inbox the messages aren't broken down by sender like my diamond or any of the others. They are sorted by received time. I changed all those settings to try to get it to go back to normal and it just won't go. Even when i make her setting look like mine it's sorting by sender, but not in threads, just in a long, long list.

Any ideas what might cause this or how i can go about fixing this? I know that a hard reset will fix it, but she hasn't synced in a while, so thats the last resort i have right now.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Thumbs up Re: Threaded SMS not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
I tried searching for an answer, but i didn't find one here in the diamond forum. I have a girl at work who has a diamond and her threaded sms just stopped working. She's running the stock rom and hasn't done any kind of tweaks or reg edits. I tried to fix it, but for the life of me i can't get it to go back to threaded.

When you go to the inbox the messages aren't broken down by sender like my diamond or any of the others. They are sorted by received time. I changed all those settings to try to get it to go back to normal and it just won't go. Even when i make her setting look like mine it's sorting by sender, but not in threads, just in a long, long list.

Any ideas what might cause this or how i can go about fixing this? I know that a hard reset will fix it, but she hasn't synced in a while, so thats the last resort i have right now.

Thanks
Go check out the settings for texting...

START > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > TEXT MESSAGING and make sure that she is set to Threaded under the Text Messaging Layout.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Threaded SMS not working

Try looking at the key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM
SMSinboxThreadingDisabled=0

If it is the value 1, it is reverted back to old-style.

Or you could do StartMenu-Settings-System-Text Messaging...That'd be the easy way.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

stillryan is a n00b

That did it. Thanks for the help you two. Once i did that and did a soft reset it was fine. I forgot to check there.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Ok, what if it IS set to threaded, and the registry value is NOT 1?

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster
Ok, what if it IS set to threaded, and the registry value is NOT 1?
Well if the registry value is not 1 is it 0?
If so then threaded sms is enabled.
I believe that reg value can/should only be set to 1 or 0.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond