PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide to Answer off Touch HD (needs porting)

Thanks MrHawaii for trimming the fat from this new dialer. It's now WAY quicker than before.

For those getting the "installation unsuccessful" error when installing [Slide to Answer4.cab], install the Patch file first, then try again.

Download Patch cab here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1230383441

If you want to remove the "Slide to Answer" text, download and extract this file to your \Windows directory and overwrite the old one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1230418527

To change the left soft key from "Video Call" back to the default "Contacts", add this DWORD "LSKContact=1" to HKLM\Software\HTC\Phone.

Last edited by mr.jcarter; 12-30-2008 at 03:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jcarter View Post
Thanks MrHawaii for trimming the fat from this new dialer. It's now WAY quicker than before.

For those getting the "installation unsuccessful" error when installing [Slide to Answer4.cab], install the Patch file first, then try again.

Download Patch cab here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1230383441

If you want to remove the "Slide to Answer" text, download and extract this file to your \Windows directory and overwrite the old one.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1230418527

To change the left soft key from "Video Call" back to the default "Contacts", add this DWORD "LSKContact=1" to HKLM\Software\HTC\Phone.
Thanks.

This is the trimmest I could get the CAB. There are only 9 files and it is under 2 MB of RAM. If any of the other files are not installed, the dialer and phone canvas reverts to WinMo Default. Video Calling is no longer in the options or menu, but the Left Soft Key still says video call. It does not do anything though if pressed. You can change that with a simple reg edit as stated before. I installed this straight to a Sprint Stock ROM without installing anything else. If you receive an error "CAB was unsuccessul in installing", you can try to install the Patch file from the first post first. I don't think it needs any of those files, but I think it has to do with previous CABs not correctly uninstalling. If the Patch is installed I think it basically overwrites those files that could not be removed correctly earlier. So now that those files were overwritten by the patch file, this CAB can now be installed. Anyhow, it installed successfully straight after hard reset or after patch was installed (you will know if patch was installed because dialer will be reverted back to WinMo style).

Also, you still can not get into EPST programming or use any other ##CODES. But, if you are on CDMA and want this to answer/ignore phone calls at least you don't have to install all the other stuff. It should save you some RAM.

To get it exactly how us CDMA people want it, I guess the DLL files have to be edited. I tried opening them with ResHacker, but I am not going to kid myself because I did not have an idea of what I was looking at. The HTC3BVT.dll and HTCMidCodec_Qvp.dll files looked like they have to do with the video calling feature, but if removed it reverts back to WinMo style. I am guessing because the phcanhtc.dll file is the main one and it is probably from the GSM version and needs those other files to tie into it. But again I am just taking a shot in the dark here. If someone with more experience and expertise wants to pop open these dll files and edit them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Slide to Answer8.cab (759.9 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-30-2008 at 06:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Lurker

Hank3rd is a n00b

If the patch and cab is installed, can it be uninstalled without any issues?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Thanks.

This is the trimmest I could get the CAB. There are only 9 files and it is under 2 MB of RAM. If any of the other files are not installed, the dialer and phone canvas reverts to WinMo Default. Video Calling is no longer in the options or menu, but the Left Soft Key still says video call. It does not do anything though if pressed. You can change that with a simple reg edit as stated before. I installed this straight to a Sprint Stock ROM without installing anything else. If you receive an error "CAB was unsuccessul in installing", you can try to install the Patch file from the first post first. I don't think it needs any of those files, but I think it has to do with previous CABs not correctly uninstalling. If the Patch is installed I think it basically overwrites those files that could not be removed correctly earlier. So now that those files were overwritten by the patch file, this CAB can now be installed. Anyhow, it installed successfully straight after hard reset or after patch was installed (you will know if patch was installed because dialer will be reverted back to WinMo style).

Also, you still can not get into EPST programming or use any other ##CODES. But, if you are on CDMA and want this to answer/ignore phone calls at least you don't have to install all the other stuff. It should save you some RAM.

To get it exactly how us CDMA people want it, I guess the DLL files have to be edited. I tried opening them with ResHacker, but I am not going to kid myself because I did not have an idea of what I was looking at. The HTC3BVT.dll and HTCMidCodec_Qvp.dll files looked like they have to do with the video calling feature, but if removed it reverts back to WinMo style. I am guessing because the phcanhtc.dll file is the main one and it is probably from the GSM version and needs those other files to tie into it. But again I am just taking a shot in the dark here. If someone with more experience and expertise wants to pop open these dll files and edit them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You da man Mr.Hawaii!! I'm gonna be testing this. Mind if I include this based on your work on my next ROM?

What about the Call History and Calendar buttons wich get replaced by Add Call and Hold buttons wich are grayed out with the GSM dialer? Are those in the DLLs as well? As it seems all that is needed to make it perfect and "identical" to our dialers is THAT, the EPST codes and make the selection color the same, its a lighter shade of gray with the GSM dialer, not a big deal but aiming towards perfection here. God I wish I had time, this holiday season is being crazy for me work-wise.

Last edited by nttdemented; 12-30-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:19 PM

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
You da man Mr.Hawaii!! I'm gonna be testing this. Mind if I include this based on your work on my next ROM?

What about the Call History and Calendar buttons wich get replaced by Add Call and Hold buttons wich are grayed out with the GSM dialer? Are those in the DLLs as well? As it seems all that is needed to make it perfect and "identical" to our dialers is THAT, the EPST codes and make the selection color the same, its a lighter shade of gray with the GSM dialer, not a big deal but aiming towards perfection here. God I wish I had time, this holiday season is being crazy for me work-wise.
Sure go ahead if it works fine for you.

Again, I don't want to take any type of credit for making this all I did was trim out the stuff that was not needed or was already in our Diamonds and PROs.

Yes I beleive the In Call buttons are in the DLL also. I beleive the main DLL controlling it all is the phcanhtc.dll. What I tried to do was copy my stock phcanhtc.dll file to my internal storage. Then installed the CAB, copied back the stock phcanhtc.dll file and overwrote the existing one. With that it reverted back to WinMo Dialer, but ## CODES was enabled again. So if someone can open up that dll file and rewrite it to include the slide to answer function along with the incomingcall.bmp and Incall_02_B.bmp files, I think that is all that would be needed.

When I try to open the phcanhtc.dll (either GSM or Stock CDMA one) file with ResHacker, there is nothing there to see. Could that be because the files are unsigned? If so, can someone point me to a good free unsigner program. Or if anyone has a (again free) better program like ResHacker that might allow me to read/write that dll file, that would be good too.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i'm going to try it out on my Touch pro and report...
Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

been following this as well and it is working great.

I am using Juicy's ROM so storage is not an issue.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Did a Dark Version. You can find it here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...643#post610643
Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Did a Dark Version. You can find it here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...643#post610643
You are on a roll! Nice job!

I'm having a slight problem with the original white trimmed version though... The reg entry to change the left soft key isn't in my registry. Do you know anything about that?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06gmc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You are on a roll! Nice job!

I'm having a slight problem with the original white trimmed version though... The reg entry to change the left soft key isn't in my registry. Do you know anything about that?
You need to add it yourself to get the contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond