PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976
Re: Touch Response With Vibrate Is Now Available!

I'm really liking this program, it really does kind of give the impression that you are pushing a button at 30ms.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

UPDATE: 3.0 Version is now Available. Go to: http://touchresponse.snailslug.com

1/26/09 UPDATE: 3.2 Version is now available

Last edited by Biker1; 01-31-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

pwabbit is a n00b

The vibration device in my Diamond went bad in less than a week after I installed this software. The settings I used allowed the phone to vibrate on all touches to the screen when the phone was awake. During a walk I took, the phone (in my pocket) may have been awakened and every step I took probably cause the activation of the vibration device. Afterwards, I noticed the phone was very warm and no longer vibrated. Fortunately, I pay for the warranty and Sprint replaced the phone. I still use this software but have changed the setting to allow for vibration only when the phone's virtual keyboard buttons are pressed.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I disable the program when my phone is locked. 3.2 Version has this option. Have been using this program on my Sprint Diamond since I started this thread without issue. You may have had a bad vibrate motor. But anyone else who has a vibrate motor burn out, please post and if it is more than the average number of vibrate motor failures, we'll let Snailslug know.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

I have been using this program since it came out. I used to have it vibrate anytime I pressed then screen, but now I just use it when I use the SIP keyboard. I have had zero problems on my diamond.
Current Radio: ___
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

I had my vibration stop a few days into using the app (a few months ago when it first came out.) The people at Sprint said it was a known issue with the Diamonds and that there were a fair number failing. Since then I have used touch vibrate or the last few months without issue. Long story short I don't think the app had much to do with it failing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I downloaded a similar program suggested by someone on this board about a month ago... and I used it for a while, I got annoyed after a while, cuzz I play alot of solitaire, and it was quite draining on the battery.

I agree with mighty, if there was an option to have it only activate when the keyboard is up that would be great.

I had it running for about 5 days before I upgraded my rom, and didnt bother to reinstall it.

This is definately not wanted... if your a heavy texter... it will kill your battery life.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I think this application has an option to be activated only on the keypad. But check it out to make sure.
EDIT:"enable for on screen keyboard only" is anoption for the touch response application. Just click on the "advanced" tab.

Last edited by Biker1; 03-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

HTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on repHTCLeener is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to HTCLeener

A little FYI.

I just downloaded the most recent CAB file, Touch Response version 0_3_2 and I went to change the settings but for some reason I couldn't find it in my Programs, no where to be found.. but when I went to my Internal Storage I saw that it was installed plus every time I touched my screen, it vibrated..

I tried, Start - Programs - nope, nothing there..

so randomly I went to Start - Settings and low and behold in my 'Systems' tab right beside TouchFLO was TouchResponse Settings..

--------------- ALSO, I decided to read like I should have and realized this -----------------------

Features
  • Global enable/disable option
  • Vibrate on touch/release
  • Variable duration of vibrate
  • Disable during Phone Call option
  • Disable when device is silent
  • Disable when device is locked
  • Disable when stylus is out (for devices that support this option)
  • Enabled for On-Screen Keyboard only (Temporary option until full include/exclude list is incorporated)
  • Settings Program->Settings->System->TouchResponse Settings
  • AppToDate support
I 'Enabled only for on-screen keyboad' and it works like a charm.. !! 25ms.

Believe it or not, you actually type a lot more accurate with the small vibration per key.. hard to explain, just got to experience it.. haha.

I'll report back in a few weeks if I notice any decrease in battery life or system performance or bugs.. but so far, I am loving this app..!!

Cheers,
HTCLeener

If you're going to use my work, please give credit where credit is due.

Last edited by HTCLeener; 03-08-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

From what I have read about this program by Snailslug, the program is supposed to be downloaded in "Device" and not in "Internal storage" for it to work properly. It then can be found in your Settings.As for being able to change the location of this program,I am not sure but I figure if it gets downloaded to your device, and Snailslug has it download in Settings, it may need to stay there for the application to work properly. One can always drop Snailslug a line to find out what the technical reasons are as to why his program gets downloaded into Settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond