PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Response With Vibrate Is Now Available!

I just found this application on www.freewarepocketpc.net, It downloads as a driver and is put in the settings screen/menu. It is like having hepatic sp? touch back because that is what it is. You can download it at www.xda-developers.com, When you go to www.freewarepocketpc.net, scroll down to the TouchResponse program description and you will be provided a link to the Touch Response cab file. I don't know how to provide the link which is why I didn't. This is a small application with a lot of punch as it is very useful. Enjoy and Thank You to the Developers.

1/15/2009 UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE 3.0 GO TO:
http://touchresponse.snailslug.com
UPDATE:3.2 VERSION IS NOW AVAILABLE. One change that is nice is that you are able to deactivate the TouchResponse when your phone is locked. Thank You Snailslug

Last edited by Biker1; 01-27-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: UPDATE AVAILABLE
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Response With Vibrate Is Now Available!

I am not sure of the effect that this program has on battery drain. I posted the question on www.freewarepocketpc.net and I am awaiting a response. Maybe someone will know here if the vibration touch responses pose a significant drain on the battery. Gotta go as I am low on juice. I may have answered my own question but I was low anyway.

Last edited by Biker1; 11-25-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Damn dude nice find! The feedback performs ten times better than with the previously available vibration feedback that was available from xda. Set to 20ms it gives nice consistenty short stabs, slightlu longer ones on yhe start menu but the rest is very consistent and smooth. Best of all it isnt slowing down txt entry with the SIP.

BRILLIANT!

Last edited by nttdemented; 11-25-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

From XDA:

Q. Will this drain my battery life?
A. I don't have any statistics to show the before and after battery usage. However, I personally have not experienced any significant increase in battery usage. It all depends on how long the vibrate duration is and how often you touch the screen.

at this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

there is a good discussion of the program and he's working on new features as well.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

I have to say this is the best vibration program I have used to date. I mean it feels exactly like the instinct when you set it to like 20ms or 25ms
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[quote=nttdemented;542948]Damn dude nice find! The feedback performs ten times better than with the previously available vibration feedback that was available from xda. Set to 20ms it gives nice consistenty short stabs, slightlu longer ones on yhe start menu but the rest is very consistent and smooth. Best of all it isnt slowing down txt entry with the SIP.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I am not sure of the effect that this program has on battery drain. I posted the question on www.freewarepocketpc.net and I am awaiting a response. Maybe someone will know here if the vibration touch responses pose a significant drain on the battery. Gotta go as I am low on juice. I may have answered my own question but I was low anyway.
I just downloaded this and am gonna try it out on my Diamond.

When I had an Instinct (briefly), the feedback really didn't affect the battery life much.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Would be nice to set the application ONLY to vibrate on SIP... not the entire phone. I tried this out lastnight and still have it installed, although it's turned off and I"m wiating for a hopeful update with that feature
Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Would be nice to set the application ONLY to vibrate on SIP... not the entire phone. I tried this out lastnight and still have it installed, although it's turned off and I"m wiating for a hopeful update with that feature
I would like to be at least able to limit it to the OS. It goes off even in games, etc. I like the feedback on the TF and keyboard and so forth, though.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Still learning . What is SIP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond