PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Really strange issue with Picture Mail

Yes, and I had working picturemail from the get go (activated phone 9/16) and working after the upgrade. It stopped working on Friday... worked again for 2 pics after a hard reset and stopped. Everything stays up in the website and the phone acts as if its going to receive something (wakes up, opens connection) but nothing happens. If I open my picmail inbox on TF3D screen and hit send receive it quickly runs through the logging on checking logging off process without iniating a data session, when doing this on other emails I have set up it is a longer process where it is clear that the system has logged onto the server.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

I had my picture mail workign when I got my phone. After installing a few programs it stopped working. I deleated those programs and the picture mail started working proporly. It could be part of the problem. I'm also running just the Sprint rom
Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDMB View Post
I had my picture mail workign when I got my phone. After installing a few programs it stopped working. I deleated those programs and the picture mail started working proporly. It could be part of the problem. I'm also running just the Sprint rom
well what programs did you install that made it no workie?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Agreed, please share what you found to be causing issues with Picture Mail. That information could be helpful to a lot of users here.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK I got it working! I was skeptical but took the advice about Net3.5 being an issue. I downloaded a fresh version (attached--got from Pro boards....delete the zip ending to leave it as .cab) as part of the fix.

This is what I did. I used SKtools to uninstall Net3.5, Picturemail, Mortscript, codypersonalizer. After each this I did a soft reset. I then went to my data/msl and restored that page. I did NOT do a profile update at that time. I then deleted my Picmail folder in the registry (HKCU/Software/Versign/Picturemail) Soft reset. Next I reinstalled Net3.5 with the new cab, then soft reset, then reinstalled picturemail and soft reset. I then did an profile update and soft reset.

I did not reinstall Mort or personalizer because at this point all was working and I didn't want to jinx it. (I uninstalled it on a whim because it was one of the same programs I put on my friends Pro and he was having the same picmail issues).

I repeated these same steps for his Pro and he now has pic mail working. It could very well be a clean install of picmail be made AFTER Net3.5 is all I needed but these exact steps has given me pic mail (I was having problems receiving on the Diamond and Sending and Receiving on the Pro) so far so good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab.zip (2.58 MB, 88 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
OK I got it working! I was skeptical but took the advice about Net3.5 being an issue. I downloaded a fresh version (attached--got from Pro boards....delete the zip ending to leave it as .cab) as part of the fix.

This is what I did. I used SKtools to uninstall Net3.5, Picturemail, Mortscript, codypersonalizer. After each this I did a soft reset. I then went to my data/msl and restored that page. I did NOT do a profile update at that time. I then deleted my Picmail folder in the registry (HKCU/Software/Versign/Picturemail) Soft reset. Next I reinstalled Net3.5 with the new cab, then soft reset, then reinstalled picturemail and soft reset. I then did an profile update and soft reset.

I did not reinstall Mort or personalizer because at this point all was working and I didn't want to jinx it. (I uninstalled it on a whim because it was one of the same programs I put on my friends Pro and he was having the same picmail issues).

I repeated these same steps for his Pro and he now has pic mail working. It could very well be a clean install of picmail be made AFTER Net3.5 is all I needed but these exact steps has given me pic mail (I was having problems receiving on the Diamond and Sending and Receiving on the Pro) so far so good.
are you on a custom with 3.5 built in? if so you thikn we should install the new 3.5 say right after a hard reset, then do the pic mail install? think all will be ok then?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Still a Geek

I'm on the stock rom.. but yes, it seems if you 1st reset your profile with ##3282# but do not do an update profile, then install the net 3.5 and then soft reset then install picmail cab, soft reset, then update profile, soft reset.... worked on both devices and I'm happy to say they are both still sending and receiving picmail today so day 3 for the Diamond and day 2 for the PRO... weehaaa!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

this pic mail thing is killing me, sometimes i get pics and sometimes i dont, gonna talk to a sprint tech, see if there is a fix for this, TP usere shouldnt have to use a 3rd party app to get this working. this is the reason i upgraded for a moto q for a better phone and better features..

ohh well nothing's perfect...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul 6800, HTC Diamond

laynpipeallday is a n00b

i love sprint

Last edited by laynpipeallday; 11-17-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Still a Geek

After further testing, I can break it and fix it.. by installing Mortscript and Personalizer it renders picmail unreceivable.. I can send but not receive. Uninstalling these two items (all else being the same as far as install order of net3.5, picmail,data update) and I can receive picmail again...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond