PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: What's PPC?
Carrier: Ser

black7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really strange issue with Picture Mail

So I read through a bunch of threads here regarding PictureMail issues.
I've followed some of the recommended fixes as well but can't seem to get everything working correctly.

Background Info:
ROM: Juicy 2.5
Personalizer
TF3D Config
Advanced Config
Seven
I pulled the files off of my stock Sprint ROM for PictureMail

Initially:
Receiving was fine (I think, if any didn't make it through to me I wouldn't know)
Sending was strange. PictureMail would report the status as PENDING and never showed that it actually sent, but the message would actually make it to the recipient.

Now:
Receiving doesn't work. My phone will come alive and the backlight will come on as if it received something nothing comes through. No text message with a link. No message in my PictureMail. No alert or notificaion.
Sending is a hit or miss now. And it still reports as PENDING all the time on sent Picture Messages.
OTHER symptoms : I have 3 messages in the inbox which I can't delete.
Picturemail will notify saying "PictureMail is now synconizing your message threads." I get that all the time.

I've uninstalled the PictureMail and reinstalled. Nothing
When I've uninstalled PictureMail, the INBOX for PictureMail disappears (as expected) but the icon and messages which show up under TF3D are still there.
I'm able to sign on to pictures.sprintpcs.com and see the incoming and sent messages there.

Any suggestions on this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by black7; 11-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: Really strange issue with Picture Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by black7 View Post
So I read through a bunch of threads here regarding PictureMail issues.
Although some of the symptoms were the same or similar, I haven't found anyone with the same exact symptoms as I have. I've followed some of the recommended fixes as well but can't seem to get everything working correctly.

Background Info:
ROM: Juicy 2.5
Personalizer
TF3D Config
Advanced Config
Seven
I pulled the files off of my stock Sprint ROM for PictureMail

Initially:
Receiving was fine (I think, if any didn't make it through to me I wouldn't know)
Sending was strange. PictureMail would report the status as PENDING and never showed that it actually sent, but the message would actually make it to the recipient.

Now:
Receiving doesn't work. My phone will come alive and the backlight will come on as if it received something when I'm suppose to get a Picture Message though although nothing happens. No text message with a link. No message in my PictureMail. No alert or notificaion.
Sending is a hit or miss now. And it still reports as PENDING all the time on sent Picture Messages.
OTHER symptoms : I have 3 messages in the inbox which I can't delete.
Picturemail will notify saying "PictureMail is now synconizing your message threads." I get that all the time.

I've uninstalled the PictureMail and reinstalled. Nothing
When I've uninstalled PictureMail, the INBOX for PictureMail disappears (as expected) but the icon and messages which show up under TF3D are still there.
I'm able to sign on to pictures.sprintpcs.com and see the incoming and sent messages there.

Any suggestions on this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!!!!!
same exact thing here. im on the phone with tech support AGAIN. there are so many threads on this.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Same for me minus the picturemail notifying me of synchronizing... the oddest thing is the phone does light up as if its going toreceive something (I know I've sent because I'm sending test pics) but other than that nothing comes down. All pics are up on the site....
Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Same for me minus the picturemail notifying me of synchronizing... the oddest thing is the phone does light up as if its going toreceive something (I know I've sent because I'm sending test pics) but other than that nothing comes down. All pics are up on the site....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39311
Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

From what I have found, just go to the ESPT and reset or hard reset

Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
From what I have found, just go to the ESPT and reset or hard reset
Nope, I've done both, I get one or two pics after a hard reset then the problem comes back..
Old 11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

black7 is a n00b

Got off the phone with tech support and still no go.
A hard reset/ESPT reset didn't fix the issue for me either, unfortunately.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

Then it sounds like either its a hardware issue or its something on their end. When I went to set up the lady had no clue what she was doing and was just reading from a screen. You need to find someone that has a clue.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started

i'm going to assume you all have downloaded the picture mail update from sprint?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

black7 is a n00b

Yup, first thing I did when I was troubleshooting this myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond