PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Lurker

rcjunkie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help with GPS issues s/p Juicy Rom install.

I quit.

Last edited by rcjunkie; 10-29-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Please help with GPS issues s/p Juicy Rom install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
Hi,
After installing Juicy's last 2 ROMs, I have lost my GPS-lost it after juicy 2.5 I've spent the past 2 days reading up on the GPS stickey and following the tips there. I've done everything in the stickey (except figuring out what the Qualcomm XP drivers are used for and how they are used or if I need them at all) and my GPS still doesn't work in google maps or sprint navigation.

Can someone please help me? I don't know what else to do except unplug my synch cable while burning another ROM so I can brick this diamond ppc.

I'm willing to paypal someone money for their time and assistance.
Did you hard reset after you finished flashing the rom. I had the same problem once, I reflashed then did the hard reset. I also installed this file
Attachment 15767

P.S I'm with Telus

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rcjunkie is a n00b

Thanks, my diamond has never been able to do a hard resert. I press the volume down button, the center circular button, and soft reset, and hold the first two and it does nothing.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

u need to add power and reset to that button combo

also, you need the gpsONE settings in QPST in order to get gps to work. you mentioned you didnt do this.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rcjunkie is a n00b

I'm done with this POS. I can only hope that the apps I need will eventually find themselves on an Iphone so I can be done with WINDOWS POS operating systems that are more hassle than worth to get working right.

I'm going back to my Katana and will use my Dell Axim for my PDA needs and will buy a Tom tom for my GPS needs.

Last edited by rcjunkie; 10-29-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rcjunkie is a n00b

Ok, did a hard reset, thanks for the advice on how to do that. Hard reset has no fixed my problem. Tried googlemaps and Sprint Navi with no luck.

Wasted 3 hours farting aroung trying to get GPS to work on my phone.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try manually setting your GPS to com 4. May or may not work but I can not see anything else that would cause you to have this problem. I have used Juicy roms since 2.2 with no GPS issues at all.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rcjunkie is a n00b

ACE,
Thanks for the tip but don't know how to do that.

I quit after wasting about 8 hours over the past 2 days. I'm returning this POS tomorrow and getting something that doesn't require ROM reflashing out of the box.

Thanks again and take care,
rcjunkie.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
ACE,
Thanks for the tip but don't know how to do that.

I quit after wasting about 8 hours over the past 2 days. I'm returning this POS tomorrow and getting something that doesn't require ROM reflashing out of the box.

Thanks again and take care,
rcjunkie.

You set it per application. Like in google maps, you go to settings and then GPS settings then select com4 for the driver.

Sorry to hear you have had so many issue with the GPS. I would say your phone may just be defective. It's a great phone out of the box. There are minor problems but most are not "game breaking". Perhaps give it another try by swapping for a new one and see how it goes.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

If you change your mind bro, PM me and ill try to talk you through it as best I can. Its all fixable, I've had the same issues. You just need to step back and start over. I know it can get pretty F**king frustrated, but hang in there

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond