PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to evilecho
[Q] GSM Rom Convert To CDMA

I have seen a lot of great roms on XDA for the gsm diamond... great roms i'd like to test out. I was wondering is there an really real way to convert a gsm rom to CDMA or is there some one that would be willing to create a converter.

thanks
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:05 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: [Q] GSM Rom Convert To CDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilecho View Post
I have seen a lot of great roms on XDA for the gsm diamond... great roms i'd like to test out. I was wondering is there an really real way to convert a gsm rom to CDMA or is there some one that would be willing to create a converter.

thanks
I would imagine that one of the big-brained genius-types could get it done, but it would probably be easier for them to build one to spec, starting from scratch.

As the saying goes: ANY rom can be dumped, but the protection many of the chef's put in their roms would be the immediate (first) obstacle to overcome.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

decompile and replace the xip and sys right?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
decompile and replace the xip and sys right?
Sys? No. XIP? Yes. The OEM Folders would probably have to be replaced too (OEMDrivers, OEMMISC, OEMVersion, etc). I'm running a 20764 Sys I extracted from a GSM rom.

There's a 'movement' in XDA for "Open" ROMs versus creating "Protected" ROMs. There are a few ROMs that are part of this 'movement'. I'm sure it would be pretty straightforward to create a tool to automate extracting the contents of a GSM ROM and re-building for use on a CDMA device. The XIP isn't that big of an issue, the bigger issue would be creating exceptions around stuff like programs that some networks won't support (ArcSoft MMS on Sprint for example).

Daryel
Old 12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Sys? No. XIP? Yes. The OEM Folders would probably have to be replaced too (OEMDrivers, OEMMISC, OEMVersion, etc). I'm running a 20764 Sys I extracted from a GSM rom.

There's a 'movement' in XDA for "Open" ROMs versus creating "Protected" ROMs. There are a few ROMs that are part of this 'movement'. I'm sure it would be pretty straightforward to create a tool to automate extracting the contents of a GSM ROM and re-building for use on a CDMA device. The XIP isn't that big of an issue, the bigger issue would be creating exceptions around stuff like programs that some networks won't support (ArcSoft MMS on Sprint for example).

Daryel
The problem with replacing the oem drivers is that some drivers are tied to specific versions of apps (SIP and Camera for example). It's a bigger task than you may think. If your not an experienced chef, you might just as well forget it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond