PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Cant receive Picture Mail while plugged into Computer? 2 Internal Memories? WTF?

I hate for a question to be my second post here... but here goes. Ive been lurching around here for a few weeks and found you guys to be the most informative when it comes to CDMA Diamond. Now I have a question -

I just had a lady friend send me a pic through a picture message... and I had my Diamond plugged into my computer via USB to charge and organize files.

Well... the message never came in, but it did give me an error on the screen saying that picture mail does not work when in USB mode.

Now, all my songs are missing from the sprint music tab and so are the pictures from the picture tab.

I used Resco explorer and noticed that now I have 2 different Internal Storage folders... this was never like this before.

Internal Storage 1 : 2 folders with what looks like Information for the picture messaging.

Then Internal storage 2 (actually named internal storage 2) is what the original internal storage was.

Can anyone make sense of what happened? Is there a way to fix this?

By the way... Im using the stock sprint ROM with not much added. G sensor, Kalxon, Rescoe Suite.. Not much else.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Cant receive Picture Mail while plugged into Computer? 2 Internal Memories? WTF?

Try deleting Internal Storage through Resco Explorer and then rename Internal Storage 2 to Internal Storage.

Last edited by rainfreak; 10-06-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Cant receive Picture Mail while plugged into Computer? 2 Internal Memories? WTF?

Safe way...
eject card
Delete folder named "Storage Card"
insert card
Should just be called "Storage Card" now...
Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Safe way...
eject card
Delete folder named "Storage Card"
insert card
Should just be called "Storage Card" now...
LOL! How is he going to eject an Internal Storage device that is onboard?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff

Well.... I just want to be clear... I never had 2 internal storages before this happened.

No can do though rainfreak. I can delete Internal storage but I CANNOT rename Internal storage 2.

Will not give me the option. Even when I make a hardbutton to do so. I can rename other files and folders... Just not that one.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I was thinking the same thing.....
Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the drive mode is really buggy on this thing. I know i had to reformat (like a bunch of people here) because i lost my internal storage completely.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok... I just tried to rename it using the stock file explorer.... and it gave me the option!!!!

But then, of course, it told me "Error.... go blow yourself for trying something so stupid...."... Damn program getting my hopes up.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
hey now, its ok that one of our Senior Members was having a "Senior" moment!!! lol
Old 10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
hey now, its ok that one of our Senior Members was having a "Senior" moment!!! lol
Agreed, I have them too. That's why I laughed and didn't flame him

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond