PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Meltdown

Hate to report this guys, but my diamond had a meltdown.

Started by talking on it for about 45 minutes. Went from that call to another call, for about 35 minutes, to one more call right after that for about 60 minutes.
At this point my phone was hotter than it ever has been. But after hangingn up from the last call.
Went on the net for about 25 minutes. I started with a full charged battery, after these 3 calls and internet surfing.
The battery was at about 40 percent. At this time the phone was extremely hot.
I set it on my desk which is a stone top, like I do most if the time, so it could cool down a bit.
This time when I picked it up it was still extremely hot. I turned it on, and the battery was at 10 percent.
So I shut the phone completely off and I recharged it. Couple hours later I turned it on, I didn't do any activity on the phone what so ever.
And in less than 2 hours the battery was dead. I removed the battery and exchanged it with my other diamond battery.
(I have 2 of them.) Which was fully charged, with doing no activity what so ever. Less than 2 hours this battery was dead also.
Took it to my sprint service center. Explained what happened. The tech thinks something internal with the radio went wrong.
But he's not sure. I called sprint tele sales, and their next day airing one out to me.
Though this happened to me. I hop this is an isolated incident. And that our diamonds are not plagued with an over heating problem.

Thanks T M Z
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Diamond Meltdown

all i have to say is you talk on the phone like a girl... jk

thanks for the heads up.... hope this is the only report of this we hear of.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

armorforsleep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to armorforsleep

1 hr. cell convo. what ev........
Old 09-30-2008, 05:33 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
all i have to say is you talk on the phone like a girl... jk

thanks for the heads up.... hope this is the only report of this we hear of.
I was having some HOT talk. lol
Old 09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

slowputer is a n00b

I have phone conversations with durations and frequance like that and I have to say that mine doesn't get as hot as described in some of the threads I see around.
The whole story: Motorola Startac, Samsung SPH-200N, Motorola i1000+, Motorola i58sr, Motorola i560, Motorola i920, Audiovox PPC6700, HTC Diamond, HTC EVO 4G
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorforsleep View Post
1 hr. cell convo. what ev........
that made me lol

the female input was great

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

a_lucas4 is a n00b

You're not the only one. Mine was hot like FIYAH after about an hour of facebooking during my Finance 3300 class. Battery completely drained on me and wouldn't charge. Had to spend literally 2 hours on the phone with sprint to get them to send me another one.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Hate to report this guys, but my diamond had a meltdown.

Started by talking on it for about 45 minutes. Went from that call to another call, for about 35 minutes, to one more call right after that for about 60 minutes.
At this point my phone was hotter than it ever has been. But after hangingn up from the last call.
Went on the net for about 25 minutes. I started with a full charged battery, after these 3 calls and internet surfing.
The battery was at about 40 percent. At this time the phone was extremely hot.
I set it on my desk which is a stone top, like I do most if the time, so it could cool down a bit.
This time when I picked it up it was still extremely hot. I turned it on, and the battery was at 10 percent.
So I shut the phone completely off and I recharged it. Couple hours later I turned it on, I didn't do any activity on the phone what so ever.
And in less than 2 hours the battery was dead. I removed the battery and exchanged it with my other diamond battery.
(I have 2 of them.) Which was fully charged, with doing no activity what so ever. Less than 2 hours this battery was dead also.
Took it to my sprint service center. Explained what happened. The tech thinks something internal with the radio went wrong.
But he's not sure. I called sprint tele sales, and their next day airing one out to me.
Though this happened to me. I hop this is an isolated incident. And that our diamonds are not plagued with an over heating problem.

Thanks T M Z
same thing happened to my Treo 800..its a nasty windows mobile bug
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

xxza is becoming a great contributor

how about iphone? Can someone tell me if you use iphone to talk about 45 minutes, does iphone get lava hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

ocbizlaw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
Wow, my Treo 800w did this several times. I especially liked the part where it would not charge after dying. My Diamond lasts much longer than my Treo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond