PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Sites on Opera

So this has most likely been posted somewhere, but I am unable to find it (mainly because I don't know what a good search term would be in the situation), and I am also sure others would like to know. On Opera Mobile, I have been to several sites (ESPN mainly) where it automatically takes me to their mobile site. I have seen sites before that allow you to go to the regular site if they want, but in this case didn't see that option. How can I keep these sites from recognizing me as a mobile device so that I can see the full desktop site?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sites on Opera

i think theres a reg hack fir what you want. try searching registry edits. do you have a diamond or mogul? i see by your avatar that it says mogul and this is the diamond forum i think?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

sketchy09 is a n00b

THIS IS FOR THE SPRINT DIAMOND:

You need to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file. I made the following modifications and it now never redirects to any mobile site:

[User Prefs]
UAProf URL Enabled=0
Custom User-Agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en) Opera 9.5

[User Agent]
Spoof UserAgent ID=4

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL OPERA.INI FILE FIRST!!!!! Note that this has worked 100% for me with no hiccups, BUT you will probably lose any Sprint ID on their network, i.e. the Powerdeck may not work and your browser will no longer identify you as a Sprint device. I don't particularly care about any of that, so it works for me.

-R
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff

I do have a Diamond. I need to change my device in my avatar. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ptsar is a n00b

When you go to espn's webpage, the site changes the address in Opera to m.espn.go.com. If you remove the "m", it will take you to the regular site. This workaround seems to work for espn only as I am unable to make this work with cnn's webpage.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Try using opera address bar or google desktop search engine not google mobile search engine that works for me

Last edited by gutrrob; 09-30-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

well maybe the opera on the diamond is much different than mine, but there is an option in the settings that lets you pick if it goes to the mobile or desktop version of the site.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
well maybe the opera on the diamond is much different than mine, but there is an option in the settings that lets you pick if it goes to the mobile or desktop version of the site.
I knew I wasn't crazy. When I had Opera on my Mogul, it WAS there, but it isn't on the diamond. Awfully strange that feature would be removed.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started

its called mobile view in the display menu
Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy. When I had Opera on my Mogul, it WAS there, but it isn't on the diamond. Awfully strange that feature would be removed.
its also on the diamond in settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond