PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sites on Opera (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39039)

land2634 09-30-2008 12:21 AM

Sites on Opera

So this has most likely been posted somewhere, but I am unable to find it (mainly because I don't know what a good search term would be in the situation), and I am also sure others would like to know. On Opera Mobile, I have been to several sites (ESPN mainly) where it automatically takes me to their mobile site. I have seen sites before that allow you to go to the regular site if they want, but in this case didn't see that option. How can I keep these sites from recognizing me as a mobile device so that I can see the full desktop site?

darren.wlsn1 09-30-2008 12:50 AM

Re: Sites on Opera

i think theres a reg hack fir what you want. try searching registry edits. do you have a diamond or mogul? i see by your avatar that it says mogul and this is the diamond forum i think?

sketchy09 09-30-2008 12:53 AM

THIS IS FOR THE SPRINT DIAMOND:

You need to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file. I made the following modifications and it now never redirects to any mobile site:

[User Prefs]
UAProf URL Enabled=0
Custom User-Agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en) Opera 9.5

[User Agent]
Spoof UserAgent ID=4

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL OPERA.INI FILE FIRST!!!!! Note that this has worked 100% for me with no hiccups, BUT you will probably lose any Sprint ID on their network, i.e. the Powerdeck may not work and your browser will no longer identify you as a Sprint device. I don't particularly care about any of that, so it works for me.

-R

land2634 09-30-2008 01:13 AM

I do have a Diamond. I need to change my device in my avatar. Thanks!

ptsar 09-30-2008 10:07 AM

When you go to espn's webpage, the site changes the address in Opera to m.espn.go.com. If you remove the "m", it will take you to the regular site. This workaround seems to work for espn only as I am unable to make this work with cnn's webpage.

gutrrob 09-30-2008 10:41 AM

Try using opera address bar or google desktop search engine not google mobile search engine that works for me

imneveral0ne 09-30-2008 12:16 PM

well maybe the opera on the diamond is much different than mine, but there is an option in the settings that lets you pick if it goes to the mobile or desktop version of the site.

land2634 09-30-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 440044)
well maybe the opera on the diamond is much different than mine, but there is an option in the settings that lets you pick if it goes to the mobile or desktop version of the site.

I knew I wasn't crazy. When I had Opera on my Mogul, it WAS there, but it isn't on the diamond. Awfully strange that feature would be removed.

biggggant 09-30-2008 01:21 PM

its called mobile view in the display menu

darren.wlsn1 10-01-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by land2634 (Post 440074)
I knew I wasn't crazy. When I had Opera on my Mogul, it WAS there, but it isn't on the diamond. Awfully strange that feature would be removed.

its also on the diamond in settings.