PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Overheating

My phone is overheating really bad is this is know issue? my wife use the phone for 30 min and it was so hot that she had to hang up??

I know when you use the phone for a long period of time it gets warm, but not HOT at the point that you have to stop using it....

They offer to send me a new one but I dont want to go thought the same thing i went with the Mogul.... I still have 6 mogul batteries!

PRO WRU?!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
My phone is overheating really bad is this is know issue? my wife use the phone for 30 min and it was so hot that she had to hang up??

I know when you use the phone for a long period of time it gets warm, but not HOT at the point that you have to stop using it....

They offer to send me a new one but I dont want to go thought the same thing i went with the Mogul.... I still have 6 mogul batteries!

PRO WRU?!
sorry to say. these get hot.

all the radio guts are packed under the hardware buttons so it gathers a large amount of heat there. on a plus side the battery rarely gets hot. which is good because i have a feeling that would be the straw to break the donkeys back and cause this thing to start smoking lol

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I call last night and they told me that is not normal and that I should get my phone exchange!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

As stated above... PRO WRU

Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I call last night and they told me that is not normal and that I should get my phone exchange!!!
you're going ot be disappointed when you get your new one... when it has the same heat issue. when your using it and the Radio is active it gets hot. they packed all the radio hardware in to a 2" square space. ofcourse it gets hot.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I found this http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news.aspx?id=39434&fid=150 probably they release software update for CDMA that will fix the problem... any ways... PRO WRU!

oh well time to hit the road and fried some eggs with my phone till a get the PRO
Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I found this http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news.aspx?id=39434&fid=150 probably they release software update for CDMA that will fix the problem... any ways... PRO WRU!

oh well time to hit the road and fried some eggs with my phone till a get the PRO
we can only wish for a radio upgrade
Old 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I'm curious. I recently shut TF3D off and it seems to run cooler and longer battery. I ADMIT IT MAY BE MY IMAGINATION. But what if when TF3D is on that it uses the Video Acceleration which generates more heat and uses more battery.

This is just a thought and I have not done careful testing.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:23 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I'm curious. I recently shut TF3D off and it seems to run cooler and longer battery. I ADMIT IT MAY BE MY IMAGINATION. But what if when TF3D is on that it uses the Video Acceleration which generates more heat and uses more battery.

This is just a thought and I have not done careful testing.
its possible
run some tests!

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch

staticent116 is just getting started