PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Most calls go to voicemail. Anyone else?

So most of my calls are going to voicemail. After I noticed an abundance of new voicemails since getting the Diamond, I tried calling it myself repeatedly with my wifes phone. About half of the 30 or so calls went to voicemail. I called CS and was troubleshooting, most of the time with advanced technical support, for a couple hours. We reprovisioned the phone, and they even had me change the MSID. Nothing worked, so they said I should get it replaced in store.

I'm not sure if my store has any yet, I'm going to see tomorrow. But I'd really rather not exchange it, I finally got everything exactly how I want it. I do have a complete SPB Backup made, so it won't be a huge deal to exchange it. After all the stuff I did with CS tonight, I even got the PictureMail working properly, which it wasn't before.

I've tried changing the slot cycle index to 1 and to 0, and it still doesn't go through. The call will ring 4 or 5 times on the callers end, then go to voicemail. On my end it doesn't even show a missed call. The screen doesn't turn on, the ringer doesn't sound. Nothing. I'll just get a voicemail a while later (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes a couple hours). I checked the DDTM, and it's set to interrupt a data session when a call comes in. So is there anything else anybody can think of to try before I do an exchange?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Most calls go to voicemail. Anyone else?

Nobody else is having this problem? I guess that should relieve me then. Hopefully that means when my new phone comes it'll fix the problem. They Sprint store didn't have any in stock, and couldn't tell me how to get it replaced, so I talked to retentions and they're sending me a replacement.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I had this problem happen once. It was in my pocket and it never rang until it said voice mail available.

I was not sure if perhaps it was ringing the headset. But I have that all disabled to always ring on the phone.

There is definitely some flaky bahavior.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I finally got my replacement today, and can happily say it did fix the problem. Calls will now ring on my end within 2 rings max. They didn't send a return kit with the new phone like they were supposed to though. I'm now wondering if I have to resubmit the MIR because this new phone came with a different packing slip. And if I decide to go to the Touch Pro will they use the date from my original phone, which won't be within 30 days, or the replacement which will. The date on the new packing slip is Sept. 27th.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I wonder if anyone is having this problem again/yet? I just experienced this today.. maybe other times in the past but not anything to take notice. Today about everyother call went to voice. The caller said it rang like normal before going to voice. I got notified of voice message but no missed call notice and no lights or ringing. All systems check. Also, if it matters and can't say its for sure but the several missed calls I had were all from other sprint users, however both these users did make calls that went to the ringer for me too...

Anyway, only change I made was the funnyfont on TF3D to the hand font from xda boards. I had made a backup before making that change so I did a restore, we'll see if I miss calls tomorrow then I think I have a problem.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

horizonstar is a n00b

Actually, there are quite a few post for this problem in this forum. It is believed there will be a conflict if you install a software named "diamond config" or so. I have mine fixed.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch2
Carrier: orange

maremestera is a n00b

I got similar problems, but after disabling TouchFLO interface all was OK
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizonstar View Post
Actually, there are quite a few post for this problem in this forum. It is believed there will be a conflict if you install a software named "diamond config" or so. I have mine fixed.
I did have Diamond Config installed when I had the problem, but also had it installed on the replacement they sent me and didn't have it. So it may cause the problem for some people, but in the case of my first Diamond it was definitely a hardware problem.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have DiamondTweak and TF3DConfig installed but I have had these installed since the get go. I've had phone since late September. The only thing I had changed recently was adding the cab for the handwriting font in TF3D. I removed that (used backup I had made before installing) so I'll see if the issue continues.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan

cbunting is a n00b

are you by chance in 1x mode, or forced to roam? 1x doesnt support data and incoming phone calls at the same time. there is also a setting to prevent phone calls coming in when data is active under the phone settings...might want to check that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond