PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Return Question.

I cant believe this. Everytime I really, really, really try to take care of a phone, disaster happens. Today my diamond flew off my hand and hit concrete. Well the good news is the only scratches are on the front black glossy trim. 3 corners are scratched. So my question is has anyone returned phones with slight damage under the 30 day return? I was planning on returning it on the 29th day so I could buy the Touch Pro. Any input is taken on this matter. I can kick myself right about now.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Return Question.

Depends on the store. But most stores won't take a return if it has scratches and stuff on it, especially for a different model.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

wait the 29 days omg its some scratches... just deal with it for 20 more days

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Depends on the store. But most stores won't take a return if it has scratches and stuff on it, especially for a different model.
Actually I bought it online and was told that if i return it they will ship me a return kit. Do you think thats a bett1 approach than going to a store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
wait the 29 days omg its some scratches... just deal with it for 20 more days
Honestly I wont return it now because of the scratches but when the time comes and its almost 30 then I will. I was planning on returning it to a store but now I will ship it to avoid a 1jection. Dont you think that is a better choice?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Has anyone been in my shoes? Sorry in being pushy, just wondering what the tolerance is with sprint with situations like mines. When I get home I will post a picture just so you guys see the damage. You never know, maybe within the 30 day return window it might happen to some of you guys. Oh well, I still in shock I droppd my brand new Dimond. Hahahahahaha!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

You damage stuff, and then want the newest stuff... then want sympathy?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

he doesn't want sympathy, he wants to know if he can return it for scratches
Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

no it is cosmetic but since ur in your 30 day return i am sure u can return it for just i dont like it
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
You damage stuff, and then want the newest stuff... then want sympathy?
No, not sympathy. Just advice. This is the corner with the most damage. The other corners are alot small. Please ... just advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dam Dia.jpg (86.1 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
No, not sympathy. Just advice. This is the corner with the most damage. The other corners are alot small. Please ... just advice.
Keep it maybe?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond