PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 12:42 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What fixes would you like in the next Diamond Firmware?

I've discovered a few issues that could probably be fixed or improved in the next diamond firmware -

1. Update the BT stack - too much static - not in the mogul or touch

2. Wifi turns on by itself - issue occurred in the original mogul rom

3. Standard HTC Qwerty keyboard sometimes when turned off still leaves area unusable even after the qwerty keyboard is no longer showing.

4. Opera crashes can hang your system requiring a battery removal to reset - can't just use power to turn it on and off.

5. Activation of data service problem resolved by rainfreak.

6. Make the HTC touchflo menu custimizable - probably best done using a software interface on your PC that you can use to modify the menu for the phone. - e.g. remove sprint music.

7. Make an easy option to make the date one line on today screen if you don't use the HTC touchflow on your today screen. E.g. make fonts slightly smaller - using LVMTime now.

8. Make an easy option to make owner text info slightly smaller if displayed on home screen.

9. This is probably a WM issue not an HTC issue but it would be great if you could display a couple of days of appointments on your today screen - there is an add on product for this but it would be great if it was native.

10. Schedular for BT. Most people don't use their BT at night between 1 AM and 6AM and it kills battery life. It would be nice to have a schedular for devices to deactivate them during non peak hours like MS push.

Last edited by boe; 09-20-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: What fixes would you like in the next Diamond Firmware?

I'd like the reset button on the outside.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:20 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Can't you "reset" it by just turning it off and on using the power button? I see the reset on the inside near the battery but I thought holding down the power and then turning it back on reset it as well.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I'd like to see the battery last more than 6 hours. And we're talking CDMA 1340mah battery here with all powersave options I can find enabled.

Better imageon drivers, better resource usage, newer TI WLAN drivers, tweaked OS.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jhogan99 is a n00b

I think that this is a core Windows Mobile issue but it would be nice if the new email count on the today/TouchFlo 3D screen counted new messages in sub-folders on your inbox and not just new emails in the inbox itself. I don't know about anyone else but I get a lot of work emails and I have Exchange rules setup to move them to logical folders as they come in.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Good point about the battery! I have several things I'd love them to do hardware wise that couldn't be addressed on the diamond but could be addressed in a CDMA version of something like the touch HD (please don't banish this thread for mentioning that phone)

1 Better Battery Life - newer battery technology

2. BT 2.1

3. Include a flash - I miss the flashlight of my mogul and previous phones

4. Beam IR trasmitter

5. Larger screen like the you know what, micro SD like the you know what, standard headphone jack like the you know what).

6. side button - just to assign to whatever you want - e.g. voice command or camera.

7. recess the black lip for the camera cover on the top so it isn't mistaken as the raised on off button.

8. Make an agreement that no cell provider can trash your phone by offering it in red or yellow only - black covers must be provided, all other covers can be offered as an OPTION.

9. Stronger stylus.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

What I'd also like to see is the registry cleaned of all the GSM crap and the IR keys on these phones. There is no need for the clutter and potential of screwing up the phone somehow by tweaking a GSM feature like SIM powersave mode in the reg.

Oh, and the stylus...yes. But that can be fixed in hardware revisions. I broke the one on my Touch and this one feels like it's going to break every time I use it.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I've got the feeling that MS will step up their WinMo quality, speed, and efficiency VERY rapidly after the 23rd of September. After then, they'll be contending with Open Source. Not just OSS, but OSS strongly backed by Google and the OpenHandset Alliance.

Basically, Google will be starting a small fire in Microsoft's mama's panties.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jhogan99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I've got the feeling that MS will step up their WinMo quality, speed, and efficiency VERY rapidly after the 23rd of September. After then, they'll be contending with Open Source. Not just OSS, but OSS strongly backed by Google and the OpenHandset Alliance.

Basically, Google will be starting a small fire in Microsoft's mama's panties.
Windows Mobile 7 is in the works, but Microsoft has the issue of dealing with backwards compatibility with all the apps written for older Windows Mobile versions. Apple and Google have the luxury of starting fresh without having to ensure that old applications will run. So it might be a while before we see Windows Mobile 7 on the market.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Lurker

nashmage is a n00b

If windows mobile 7 is good enough im sure that most people wouldnt care if the old wm programs didnt work alot of the programs were just to fix the stupid things in wm haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond