PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Using Today Plugins with TF3D (Second Today)

Let me start by saying that I love the TouchFlo 3D interface. BUT (there is always a but) there are a few Today Screen plugins that I love and cannot use with TF.

Then I found Second Today. Basically it creates a second today screen that you can toggle back and forth between with a soft key.

Here is the main site for the product: (scroll down to #5)
http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_im_cs.htm

Here is a direct link to download it from my mirror:
http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/downlo...y.CAB&path=rom

Kevan

Last edited by kevank; 09-19-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Fixed the download link
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Using Today Plugins with TF3D (Second Today)

I got a page not found when I clicked on your mirror link. Any idea if this would work with TF2D on a Mogul?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I got a page not found when I clicked on your mirror link. Any idea if this would work with TF2D on a Mogul?
It does work on the mogul. It works very well in conjunction with fTouchFloSL. Now I can swipe L-R or R-L on my today screen to get to another today screen. I like this feature because there are today plugins that I like to use but take up to much screen. The limitation is RAM on the mogul. I wonder if we can have more than just 2 today screens.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SecondToday.zip (34.8 KB, 332 views) Click for barcode!

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Let me start by saying that I love the TouchFlo 3D interface. BUT (there is always a but) there are a few Today Screen plugins that I love and cannot use with TF.

Then I found Second Today. Basically it creates a second today screen that you can toggle back and forth between with a soft key.

Here is the main site for the product: (scroll down to #5)
http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_im_cs.htm

Here is a direct link to download it from my mirror:
http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/downlo...y.cab&path=rom
Kevan
I got this installed and it works great, except that I can't figure out the soft key setting. I left it at the default Right Key for Second Today, loaded the key setting, and applied to registry, but my right soft key in TF2D still opens the Programs link.

When I run Second Today program it toggles, so it's working. Can anyone help with the soft key issue? I wonder if I set my old HTC Home screen as the main and set Manila as the second screen, if that would work?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
It should work fine and I fixed the download link.

Kevan
Old 09-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
I got this installed and it works great, except that I can't figure out the soft key setting. I left it at the default Right Key for Second Today, loaded the key setting, and applied to registry, but my right soft key in TF2D still opens the Programs link.

When I run Second Today program it toggles, so it's working. Can anyone help with the soft key issue? I wonder if I set my old HTC Home screen as the main and set Manila as the second screen, if that would work?
Let me see if I can help. Open the soft Keys tab in Second Today. Click on the Second Today checkbox. Select the button you want it on when in Second Today and hit Apply to Registry.

Then click the Manila checkbox. Select the button you want it on when in TF and hit Apply to registry.

The buttons should work as programmed now. If not, do a soft reset and you should be golden.

Kevan
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

For Second Today, I got the right key labeled "Manila" and it works. For Manila, every time I load the key setting it's blank, and whenever I change it, it doesn't stick. I'll see if I can create or make the change in the registry, or maybe it can be changed in Manila's XML file.

I also tried to make my "regular" HTC Home screen my main screen and Manila the second, but so far haven't gotten that to work at all.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

@kevank

Does the 'Today' softkey in your screen shot show up in every tab in TF3D or just on the home key? I like the idea of Second Today because I really would like a setup with GPSToday and a few other things but I really love the TF3D setup so far. I had tried Second Today on my Touch but could not get it set up right. Granted I didn't give it too much of a chance but I need a very easy and simple way to switch between TF3D and Second Today and would prefer not using one of the Diamond 'hard' keys.

If I could get the Today softkey to only appear on the home screen so I do not loose access to my full inbox or contacts list that would be great.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

My plugins weren't sticking using secondtoday (cool idea though) when trying it with pocketplus and manila2D (two today screens), so I found a mortscript at xda for the touch flo3d that I modified for manila2D and then linked to a hard key - so now I use that to switch over to the manila2D. I'll attach the mortscript file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ToggleManila2D.zip (272 Bytes, 61 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
@kevank

Does the 'Today' softkey in your screen shot show up in every tab in TF3D or just on the home key? I like the idea of Second Today because I really would like a setup with GPSToday and a few other things but I really love the TF3D setup so far. I had tried Second Today on my Touch but could not get it set up right. Granted I didn't give it too much of a chance but I need a very easy and simple way to switch between TF3D and Second Today and would prefer not using one of the Diamond 'hard' keys.

If I could get the Today softkey to only appear on the home screen so I do not loose access to my full inbox or contacts list that would be great.
It only shows up on the Home key in TF3D. The other TF3D screens are not affected. It only took me a couple of minutes to get it working on my Diamond.

K

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond