PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Official Telus Diamond Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER View Post
Sorry Juggalo_X, I had a hell of a night... and now I am on a road trip for my business. I talked to a friend about doing the little hack for satellite connection and he told me that I was asking for problems, that my phone qill start to behave eradically!

Dont know what to think now, and if I have some troubles, will it be a pain in the *SS to switch back to the regular settings from the Telus rom

Damn, I dont want pain and trouble, just the GPS to work has intended... FREE and not give 120$ a year to Telus (wich makes enough dough off of me)

Thanks for the help guys, I will probably go on with the hack, just because getting an iPhone would make me just like all the other sheeps out there!

Will keep you inform of my "transition" to working GPS.

One question though, with the new GPS registry.cab I wont be force to go edit the registry manually right?? Like I would have known what to edit anyways lollll
Your friend is sadly miss informed. the hack is 100% safe no issues inherited from it! there have been revised GPS settings since the last time we spoke you can find all the info u need HERE <===== Click Link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: A cracked Diamond :(

realninth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

When the new cab is created then, yes you won't have to edit the registry manually. It's not hard to do thought . When I get home iI can post where the GPS info is kept. The new address works A LOT better, I got a cold lock in ~5 seconds.

Only one problem still remains for me. I can't get my sympatico email to work. Anyone got theirs to work?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by realninth View Post
When the new cab is created then, yes you won't have to edit the registry manually. It's not hard to do thought . When I get home iI can post where the GPS info is kept. The new address works A LOT better, I got a cold lock in ~5 seconds.

Only one problem still remains for me. I can't get my sympatico email to work. Anyone got theirs to work?
new cap is already up refer to the link in the post above yours.

sympatico email is the pits it uses hotmail servers and u need to enable the ssl on in and out servers, and the outgoing server also has to have password authentication enabled as well as the SMTP port changed to 25 and pop3 change to 995

here is the link to the sympatico settings on there FAQ page

http://upgradecentre.sympatico.ca/FA...aspx?p=FAQ_GOE

good luck

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-06-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I'm not sure if it will work, but from my experience with cogeco pop email, I have to use smtp.telus.net as the smtp server in order to send mail, nothing else would work. This includes setting this on your laptop if you're teathering.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: A cracked Diamond :(

realninth is a n00b

Ah, thanks for the cab!

Just for those that want to know where the IP/Port is being set in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE -> Software -> HTC ->SUPL AGPS

As for the e-mail, I've tried (literally) every setting I could think of and it just times-out. Tells me to check my settings (refer to link for exact error message).

To me, since I'm not getting a bad username/password error, my diamond can't connect to pophm.sympatico.ca.

Weird, but I was hoping someone out there has sympatico and has already set it up!

(If you don't have sympatico, sure it's fast but it's Bell, STAY FAR AWAY!)

Last edited by realninth; 09-06-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
I'm not sure if it will work, but from my experience with cogeco pop email, I have to use smtp.telus.net as the smtp server in order to send mail, nothing else would work. This includes setting this on your laptop if you're teathering.
since sympatico's smtp server is a hotmail server you can use it from any ISP ythere for you do not need to use telus's SMTP
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seamus is just getting started

Just picked up Diamond yesterday. Will eventually add all the tweaks but have a very basic question to start - How does one access Voice Commands. There's a setting for it but I've yet to determine how to actually use it. Is there a Button to press. A special code word???
Old 09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Just picked up Diamond yesterday. Will eventually add all the tweaks but have a very basic question to start - How does one access Voice Commands. There's a setting for it but I've yet to determine how to actually use it. Is there a Button to press. A special code word???
press and hold the talk (call) hardware button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seamus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
press and hold the talk (call) hardware button
And then what? My Speaker and Microphone get turned on, but what voice commands work and for what? I tried to find a list of voice commands in Telus' manual... to no avail.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
And then what? My Speaker and Microphone get turned on, but what voice commands work and for what? I tried to find a list of voice commands in Telus' manual... to no avail.
i do not use it so i don't know the list of commands

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond