PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Sprint Vs. Verizon Diomond

So pretty much I don't know the full truth, but Sprint's is suppose to be all internal memory.

Yesterday we posted an article saying that the Sprint variant of the Touch Diamond may launch this month, but now we have slightly different information. Thanks to a few comments from our readers and some internal documents, we’ve pretty much got the information everybody wanted.

First, HTC Touch Diamond will be called HTC Victor for Sprint and HTC Diamond for Verizon. Sprint’s variant runs on Qualcomm 7501A chipset with 528MHz processor, 256MB ROM, 256MB RAM and 4GB internal memory. Verizon’s runs on Qualcomm 7500 chipset with 400MHz processor, has half the RAM (128MB) and has microSD cards slot instead of 4GB NAND flash. Sprint’s Victor will have an accelerometer (Motion G Sensor), Rev.A straight out of the box, and aluminum frame. Verizon’s Diamond lacks the sensor, is Rev.A upgradable and has stainless steel frame. Other features seem to be similar to the GSM model and identical for both, including 2.8” VGA display, 3.2MP autofocus camera, TouchFLO 3D, Opera browser and YouTube client.

The CDMA equivalent of the HTC Touch Pro will be called HTC Herman for Sprint and HTC Raphael for Verizon. They are QWERTY variants of respectively the Victor and the Diamond and have similar specifications, but twice the ROM memory (512MB for both). Herman trades Victor’s 4GB for memory card slot and Raphael’s frame is also made out of aluminum instead of steel.

A few of our readers report that the Victor will be available with Sprint on September 02, 2008, and the Herman will come one month later. There is no exact information when Verizon Wireless will release the Diamond and the Raphael, but it is expected that Sprint will have 30 days exclusivity.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/More...le-a_3021.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: Sprint Vs. Verizon Diomond

If the SPrint's DIamond does not have a mem card slot, I most likely will not even try to get it.

Althought interestly enough, I was at Best Buy the other day and an employee named Diamond tried to convince me to get the Diamond for Sprint when it comes out.
I should have told her I would if she could get me one heck of a discount on it.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700p > HTC Touch > HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

spyder6838 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
If the SPrint's DIamond does not have a mem card slot, I most likely will not even try to get it.

Althought interestly enough, I was at Best Buy the other day and an employee named Diamond tried to convince me to get the Diamond for Sprint when it comes out.
I should have told her I would if she could get me one heck of a discount on it.
We use to get a huge discount on phones.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Big Dawg 23 is a n00b

I have Verizon and was looking forward to the Diamond Pro. But now I am not so sure. I read the write up in PocketPC Magazine. The one thing I dont like is the lack of external memory. I only have a 4GB SDHC in my 6800 now but can always get a 8GB if necessary. Guess it is time to think some more.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg 23 View Post
I have Verizon and was looking forward to the Diamond Pro. But now I am not so sure. I read the write up in PocketPC Magazine. The one thing I dont like is the lack of external memory. I only have a 4GB SDHC in my 6800 now but can always get a 8GB if necessary. Guess it is time to think some more.
I know what you mean. I gots me a 4GB card in my Touch, but plan on getting an 8GB sometime.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I know what you mean. I gots me a 4GB card in my Touch, but plan on getting an 8GB sometime.
This is an issue for me too... the only thing that makes me wanna get the diamond instead tho, is that it will be less of a brick... i don't wear it on my belt, and i don't want a brick(raphael) in my pocket either... I really got some decisions to make, cuz 4 gigs of memory is like NO music, but a heavy phone is not cool either...

One question... i heard this phone will have a video out? Is this correct? Cuz i wanna convert my stock in-dash gps monitor to play videos and this would work beautifully
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have an 8GB card in my Touch now and while it is more than half full of music and videos, I will still get the "Victor" when it comes to Sprint. I want a phone with more power, more fun, and more stylish. Hell, I just want a new phone to mod, customize, tweak and play with (might as well be honest).

And I mean c'mon... I already have an iPod Nano (8GB), an iPod (60GB), a Zune (20GB) and an in-dash DVD player (with slide out screen) in my truck. Do I need really need another device to drop music on that I may or may not listen to all that much. I don't think I personally do.

Though I can see how it could be a deterrent to those of you who do not have all of the toys that I have; or the desire to carry more than one device with you. But I for one am jumping all over it when it comes out.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have an 8GB card in my Touch now and while it is more than half full of music and videos, I will still get the "Victor" when it comes to Sprint. I want a phone with more power, more fun, and more stylish. Hell, I just want a new phone to mod, customize, tweak and play with (might as well be honest).

And I mean c'mon... I already have an iPod Nano (8GB), an iPod (60GB), a Zune (20GB) and an in-dash DVD player (with slide out screen) in my truck. Do I need really need another device to drop music on that I may or may not listen to all that much. I don't think I personally do.

Though I can see how it could be a deterrent to those of you who do not have all of the toys that I have; or the desire to carry more than one device with you. But I for one am jumping all over it when it comes out.
Also, I'm currently streaming Live365 to my phone. When I setup Windows Home Server at home, I should have access to my entire music library, movies, etc on my phone over the internet.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work

<HTML>
<brag>
[QUOTE=rainfreak;372430]

QUOTE]

</brag>
</HTML>

No body is as cool as you are steve..

And besdies I Dont have non of that cool stuff already, I have the in dash DVD player, but I need the space for my music on my phone.

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started

I just don't know why VZW has to get all cheap on the processor and ram. jerks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond