PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)
Carrier: Sprint

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help!!!!

My diamond is bricked, I've tried hard resetting and not to mention my phone is locked,
any suggestions
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Need Help!!!!

Can you put it into bootloader and flash stock ROM?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yeah, turn it off. Then push and hold the volume down button and then press and hold the power button and continue holding those buttons down and see if the tricolor bootloader screen comes up. If so then you can download the shipped rom for your carrier and connect your usb cable to your pc and flash the shipped stock rom.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

It would also be helpful to what you did to "brick" it. The things I know that actually brick a phone are: 1) hardware problem 2) flash GSM radio to CDMA device (or vice vera) 3) use GSM unlocker on a CDMA device (or vice versa). If you don't think it's a hardware problem, and you didn't do 2 or 3, I'd guess you're not really "bricked".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It would also be helpful to what you did to "brick" it. The things I know that actually brick a phone are: 1) hardware problem 2) flash GSM radio to CDMA device (or vice vera) 3) use GSM unlocker on a CDMA device (or vice versa). If you don't think it's a hardware problem, and you didn't do 2 or 3, I'd guess you're not really "bricked".
I think its a hardware problem because it just stayed on the splash screen in a random day, and yes I did try flashing to shipped but with no luck and I did not flash to a gsm rom.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

and I also got a question with hard reseting, when I used to hard reset there only used to be two options, one to format and one to cancel, but now there is an option to format MoviNand, the roms I've tried to flash were sprint shipped and sprint leaked, none of them worked.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07 View Post
and I also got a question with hard reseting, when I used to hard reset there only used to be two options, one to format and one to cancel, but now there is an option to format MoviNand, the roms I've tried to flash were sprint shipped and sprint leaked, none of them worked.
I would take out the battery for 10 mins, re-insert and try sprint stock.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07
Those options are normal.
Did you flash the shipped rom from bootloader?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond