PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: Internet Sharing in Stealth Mode

Yeah - that's the easy way, but no fun at all. I am trying to make this repeatable, with Sashimi, so I'm doing it in a .reg file. The syntax I used is supposed to work, from multiple online resources, but maybe not for mobile devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Well, actually you just need to navigate with your reg editor to:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing

Then click and hold down with your stylus on the value that shows up under internet sharing and just select delete or clear. It will probably ask you if you want to delete it and select yes.
I use and recommend PHM Reg Editor for doing the edits. It's free and available in the WinMo software forum here. Any regeditor should work though.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
No need to install a cab.
Just make these reg edits:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing (delete “extension”)
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
MaxCMConnectRetries = 0
ForceCellConnection = Sprint
HKLM\Software\OEM\WModem
CheckProfile = 0
Multi-NAI = 0
WModemDUN = 0
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing
LastCellConnection = Sprint

Then you'll be good!

done the steps above...
what is next step to connect ? (usb cable)
when i connect my phone to laptop, active sync opens up

thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd
Yeah - that's the easy way, but no fun at all. I am trying to make this repeatable, with Sashimi, so I'm doing it in a .reg file. The syntax I used is supposed to work, from multiple online resources, but maybe not for mobile devices?

Quote:

Well, actually you just need to navigate with your reg editor to:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing

Then click and hold down with your stylus on the value that shows up under internet sharing and just select delete or clear. It will probably ask you if you want to delete it and select yes.
I use and recommend PHM Reg Editor for doing the edits. It's free and available in the WinMo software forum here. Any regeditor should work though.
Hmm...OK
Well I guess you could try a 0 as the value.
Could you just have the file overwrite the whole key so the end result would only have the keys and values desired.
I'm curious why you're doing this this way
You could make a cab with the desired reg keys and values.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant
Quote:
No need to install a cab.
Just make these reg edits:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing (delete “extension”)
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
MaxCMConnectRetries = 0
ForceCellConnection = Sprint
HKLM\Software\OEM\WModem
CheckProfile = 0
Multi-NAI = 0
WModemDUN = 0
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing
LastCellConnection = Sprint

Then you'll be good!

done the steps above...
what is next step to connect ? (usb cable)
when i connect my phone to laptop, active sync opens up

thanks
After or before you connect your cable open Internet Sharing from the Programs Menu. Then click on the left softkey Connect to start.
Your pc should recognize the connection if you have Activesync or WMDC installed on your pc.
When you click Connect Activesync will close and show that it's not synced anymore.

Last edited by horndoctor; 04-22-2010 at 02:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

That's a good thought, I'll try that. I'm doing this to eliminate remembering manual steps I need to take. I'm supporting 3 WinMo phones now, a Diamond (my parents-in-law), a TouchPro (wife) and a TouchPRo2 (me). Too many things to do for each, with different ROM's on each (reverting to stock on the Diamond) to do it manually. Sashimi is an amazing tool for cab installs, registry updates, file copies, XML provisioning, all that. I can keep separate Sashimi folders for each one, on my PC and on the device and somewhat keep up with it all, over time.

Quote:

Hmm...OK
Could you just have the file overwrite the whole key so the end result would only have the keys and values desired.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

After or before you connect your cable open Internet Sharing from the Programs Menu. Then click on the left softkey Connect to start.
Your pc should recognize the connection if you have Activesync or WMDC installed on your pc.
When you click Connect Activesync will close and show that it's not synced anymore.
thanks

worked as u said

now hopefully no big bill
Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Hmm...OK
I would like to know how to do this?
If you have some guidance that would be great

I am using CeRegEditor , beacuase i can edit the phone registry from pc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
That's a good thought, I'll try that. I'm doing this to eliminate remembering manual steps I need to take. I'm supporting 3 WinMo phones now, a Diamond (my parents-in-law), a TouchPro (wife) and a TouchPRo2 (me). Too many things to do for each, with different ROM's on each (reverting to stock on the Diamond) to do it manually. Sashimi is an amazing tool for cab installs, registry updates, file copies, XML provisioning, all that. I can keep separate Sashimi folders for each one, on my PC and on the device and somewhat keep up with it all, over time.
I can feel your pain.
I am supporting 2.
A diamond for me and my old touch for my wife.
I finally convinced her to update from her centro.
This way I get to keep the touch in th family (although it may be on its last legs as well)

But if I can figure out how to make cabs, things will be much easier.

I will see what this Sashimi is !!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm...OK
I would like to know how to do this?
If you have some guidance that would be great

I am using CeRegEditor , beacuase i can edit the phone registry from pc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I can feel your pain.
I am supporting 2.
A diamond for me and my old touch for my wife.
I finally convinced her to update from her centro.
This way I get to keep the touch in th family (although it may be on its last legs as well)

But if I can figure out how to make cabs, things will be much easier.

I will see what this Sashimi is !!
Honestly, just download and use PHM Regeditor to both devices and do the reg edits. It'll probably take less time and you can always use phm for other edits as well.
By the way, for the Touch(Vogue) those edits are the same except you need to enter Sprint PCS instead of Sprint in that reg value.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Quote:

thanks

worked as u said

now hopefully no big bill
Just watch your usage. Stay under 5gb a month and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wow...I guess none of the info I gave in this thread helped anyone. Oh well!!
I'll keep trying to do better!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond