PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: verizon/page plus

rooster95 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help please how can you get free internet ?

i was wondering if i can get free internet for my htc diamond and if so what do i have to do please!! ive searched but cant find anything thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: help please how can you get free internet ?

You would need to use wi-fi.... you can't steal data from your provider lol
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster95 View Post
i was wondering if i can get free internet for my htc diamond and if so what do i have to do please!! ive searched but cant find anything thanks in advance
The only way to get ultracheap Internet on your Diamond would be with Boost CDMA. They have a "Pay as you Go" plan which gives you unlimited free 3G Internet as part of the deal. All you have to do is maintain your account (keep it active) by putting $10 into it every 3 months. So, for $3.33 a month it can't be beat. Talk and text are 10cts. per minute, so the $10 every 3 months covers 100 minutes talk and text over that time period, but if you rarely call out or text then this would be an awesome deal. You could also text through the internet via Google Voice or Skype or other texting sites, so you could save money on texting in/out that way.

I make too many phone calls on a daily basis for this to be worth it for me, so I have my Diamond on Boost's "unlimited everything" account, which gives me unlimited talk, text, 3G data, GPS, tethering, etc. for $46.33 per month (incl. all taxes and fees.)
Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: verizon/page plus
Threadstarter

rooster95 is just getting started

alright thanks and wheres that plan of the unlimited everything i only see 50 plus taxes and everything it woulkd be 50 something not 46.33
Old 02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
alright thanks and wheres that plan of the unlimited everything i only see 50 plus taxes and everything it woulkd be 50 something not 46.33

The "unlimited everything" is $50 including taxes/fees. It comes with unlimited talk, data, 3G web, GPS and tethering. When you sign up for auto-reboost (instead of paying them at the end of each month you authorize them to automatically deduct the month's charges from a credit card or bank account) they give you a $20 one-time credit to the account and $2 every month thereafter. After calculating those refunds in your real monthly cost for the first year of service comes to $46.33.

http://www.boostmobile.com/promos/autoreboost.html

But, if you don't need unlimited everything you can sign up for the "Pay as you Go" plan, which comes with unlimited 3G data and charges 10cts. per minute talk/text. You just need to put $10 into the account every 90 days to keep it active.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
any other way then non hacked wifi is illegal

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile Re: help please how can you get free internet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
The only way to get ultracheap Internet on your Diamond would be with Boost CDMA. They have a "Pay as you Go" plan which gives you unlimited free 3G Internet as part of the deal. All you have to do is maintain your account (keep it active) by putting $10 into it every 3 months. So, for $3.33 a month it can't be beat. Talk and text are 10cts. per minute, so the $10 every 3 months covers 100 minutes talk and text over that time period, but if you rarely call out or text then this would be an awesome deal. You could also text through the internet via Google Voice or Skype or other texting sites, so you could save money on texting in/out that way.

I make too many phone calls on a daily basis for this to be worth it for me, so I have my Diamond on Boost's "unlimited everything" account, which gives me unlimited talk, text, 3G data, GPS, tethering, etc. for $46.33 per month (incl. all taxes and fees.)
Really? http://plans.boostmobile.com/paygo.aspx
Is that the page you are talking about? 'Cause on there it says 35Cents per day for internet. Even so, that's not a terrible deal at all. Sure beats 10Cents/Minute dialup. But do continue to explain the free 3G internet. I know that I still have to buy a boost branded device and do the sprint site registration "switcharoo" deal, so which one is the cheapest currently available in Boost Shops? There's one really closeby, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

- 2 Bunny
Old 04-11-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Really? http://plans.boostmobile.com/paygo.aspx
Is that the page you are talking about? 'Cause on there it says 35Cents per day for internet. Even so, that's not a terrible deal at all. Sure beats 10Cents/Minute dialup. But do continue to explain the free 3G internet. I know that I still have to buy a boost branded device and do the sprint site registration "switcharoo" deal, so which one is the cheapest currently available in Boost Shops? There's one really closeby, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

- 2 Bunny
Well, it's kind of an unknown. The 35 cents per day is for the "official"
web, but if you don't turn it on, or just turn the web component off you still will have unlimited data going. You can use it with any browser (Opera Mini, Bolt, built-in browser) and any data reliant app like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, GPS applications, etc. $3.33 per month for absolutely unlimited 3G data (no 5 or 10 GB limits, like many other provider's plans) is the best data deal going right now.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

i think you can use your sprintphone. one of my customers has a sprint hero on boost.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile Re: help please how can you get free internet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
Well, it's kind of an unknown. The 35 cents per day is for the "official"
web, but if you don't turn it on, or just turn the web component off you still will have unlimited data going. You can use it with any browser (Opera Mini, Bolt, built-in browser) and any data reliant app like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, GPS applications, etc. $3.33 per month for absolutely unlimited 3G data (no 5 or 10 GB limits, like many other provider's plans) is the best data deal going right now.
So it's basically just a "hidden feature" then? Dang, that's pretty good. So all I have to do is sign up, get the diamond activated with the sprint switcharoo thing, and then just use the default data number and it gives me free 3G? Or is this just some old april fool day joke? Free internet sounds a bit too good to be true, LOL!

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond