PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5.3 2010 SMS Hack

hey guys,
so i realized HTC released an official patch to correct the 2010 SMS 16 issue.

So i downloaded it and proceeded to install it, only problem was it errored out saying soemthing about my OS.

I beielve it only wants their offical lastest 6.1 stock rom, i'm obviously running a cooked 6.5.3 rom.

Any workaround to this problem? the 2016 is really bugging me, not sure how to correct the issue tho. I'm running a sprint cdma touch diamond with 6.5.3 on it.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work
Re: WM 6.5.3 2010 SMS Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
hey guys,

So i downloaded it and proceeded to install it, only problem was it errored out saying soemthing about my OS.

I beielve it only wants their offical lastest 6.1 stock rom, i'm obviously running a cooked 6.5.3 rom.

Any workaround to this problem? the 2016 is really bugging me, not sure how to correct the issue tho. I'm running a sprint cdma touch diamond with 6.5.3 on it.
Try this, it worked for me
Attached Files
File Type: cab quick99si_2016_sms_fix.cab (1.8 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
hey guys,

all wrong.
this is for 6.5 only and it depends on the OEM drivers you are using
i tried the sprint FIX and it f'd up my phone. i had to hard reset
ziggy471 on these forums will be coming out with a actual fix soon for 6.1 soon i believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak X View Post
Try this, it worked for me
this is the workaround not the actual fix, but this is the best next thing then having all your txts say 2016. when you use this fix though you have to delete your old txts. unless you save your txt messages, then there is a way to back them up, but its a waste of time IMO
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

no your incorrect. Why would HTC and Sprint release a WM6.5 text message fix if its for a 6.1 Diamond. Htc hasn't and will not release 6.5 for my diamond, so they will not release a fix for 6.5 version. Your best bet is to maybe try the Sprint/HTC fix for the diamond if you have a pro2. It's most definatetly for 6.1.

Are you saying that the fix you downloaded was for 6.1 or 6.5??
Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
no your incorrect. Why would HTC and Sprint release a WM6.5 text message fix if its for a 6.1 Diamond. Htc hasn't and will not release 6.5 for my diamond, so they will not release a fix for 6.5 version. Your best bet is to maybe try the Sprint/HTC fix for the diamond if you have a pro2. It's most definatetly for 6.1.

Are you saying that the fix you downloaded was for 6.1 or 6.5??
i have 6.5 on my touch pro2 and it works flawlessly
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i have 6.5 on my touch pro2 and it works flawlessly
do you have 6.5 on your phone??

im wondering if i can download and install yours since i have 6.5 on it as well...

care to upload the cab you installed?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
all wrong.
this is for 6.5 only and it depends on the OEM drivers you are using
i tried the sprint FIX and it f'd up my phone. i had to hard reset
ziggy471 on these forums will be coming out with a actual fix soon for 6.1 soon i believe.

this is the workaround not the actual fix, but this is the best next thing then having all your txts say 2016. when you use this fix though you have to delete your old txts. unless you save your txt messages, then there is a way to back them up, but its a waste of time IMO
You're wrong. HTC released a rilphone.dll fix for the 2016 text messaging error. It is device specific (as far as I know - they made one for each device and they were released at different times) and made for the Sprint Diamond. There is rilphone.dll, a file to fix all text messages with 2016 dates, and some others to check that your phone is running the correct ROM (ie the sprint diamond 2.0 maintenance release ROM). It works fine and is NOT dependent on the OS. ziggy is not writing a new rilphone.dll...htc already did that.

Quote:
hey guys,

Hasseye, you can try the cab that I made in the post below. It contains the updated Sprint rilphone.dll and will install it to \windows. It works fine on my ROMs that I make (used Calkulin's OEMDrivers for base, so any ROM based off of his should work as well) and it worked for at least one person on mike's old ROM. It won't fix old text, but it should fix all incoming texts.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9862

Last edited by mwalt2; 01-30-2010 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

not sure why the cab didnt work, but when i tried to install it i get a "incorrect version" error. "This hotfix will only support HTC Diamond 2.00.651.7 ox30"

any other suggesstions?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
not sure why the cab didnt work, but when i tried to install it i get a "incorrect version" error. "This hotfix will only support HTC Diamond 2.00.651.7 ox30"

any other suggesstions?
Did you try the cab I linked above? I just took the fixed rilphone.dll from the HTC Sprint fix and put it in a cab I made. It should install on any ROM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wow thats weird,
ya i downloaded from the link above and tried installing it as a cab from my phone and thats where i got the error message.

Im using OMJs kitchen, which is based off of Calkulins kitchen. I'm running wm 6.5.3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond