PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: ICE

gorxus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Update] Fixed Landscape VGA : Swype-3.9.10.10.5032

I installed SWYPE on my Omnia II (not verizon, GT-i8000L) and it works fine but I cannot change the language. I copied the Spanish Dictionary to the windows/swype directory (overwritting the original file) but if I try to change the language by pressing and holding the Q only US English is available. And if I go through the Swype Options window the languages pull-down menu is empty, not even ENGLISH shows up. Any ideas???

Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorxus View Post
I installed SWYPE on my Omnia II (not verizon, GT-i8000L) and it works fine but I cannot change the language. I copied the Spanish Dictionary to the windows/swype directory (overwritting the original file) but if I try to change the language by pressing and holding the Q only US English is available. And if I go through the Swype Options window the languages pull-down menu is empty, not even ENGLISH shows up. Any ideas???

Thanks
Try the VGA_Full cab. It's the original cab with just the keyboard skin updated for proper vga in landscape.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Telkomsel

shellexecutor is a n00b

Can somebody give me a detailed instructions on how to install this app?
I want to install the VGA Full version on my HTC Touch Pro.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellexecutor View Post
Can somebody give me a detailed instructions on how to install this app?
I want to install the VGA Full version on my HTC Touch Pro.
Thanks
1) Download the .cab to your pc

2) Transfer the .cab to your phone. I put all my cabs on my storage card. You can save it directly on your device as well, if you prefer. Keep in mind, a hard reset means you loose anything saved on your device.

3) Find the .cab on your device: File Explorer\wherever you put it when you transfered it to your phone.

4) Tap on the .cab and it should automatically begin to install. It will ask you where you want to install it : Device or Storage Card. In my opinion, things like SIPs (Soft Input Panel) are best installed directly to your device.

5) To make it the default keyboard, you will need a program called SIP Change. This program will allow you to set your default SIP. If you need it, I can post it. Let me know.

Sorry if this was too simple. You said detailed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: o2

super81 is a n00b

And how can I change the language to german?

I can't chosse by pressing q long or in the settings menu.

Thanks for help!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

thesk8ersays is a n00b

i tried putting it on my htc touch (sprint)
it works i just can't see all of it
can you give me a link where i could find this for my phone?

i want swype !!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesk8ersays View Post
i tried putting it on my htc touch (sprint)
it works i just can't see all of it
can you give me a link where i could find this for my phone?

i want swype !!
Sounds like the touch might be qvga. Give the attached cab a try.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Swype QVGA.cab (1.34 MB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:07 PM
v-v
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Singtel

v-v is a n00b
Smile Re: [Update] Fixed Landscape VGA : Swype-3.9.10.10.5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
1) Download the .cab to your pc

2) Transfer the .cab to your phone. I put all my cabs on my storage card. You can save it directly on your device as well, if you prefer. Keep in mind, a hard reset means you loose anything saved on your device.

3) Find the .cab on your device: File Explorer\wherever you put it when you transfered it to your phone.

4) Tap on the .cab and it should automatically begin to install. It will ask you where you want to install it : Device or Storage Card. In my opinion, things like SIPs (Soft Input Panel) are best installed directly to your device.

5) To make it the default keyboard, you will need a program called SIP Change. This program will allow you to set your default SIP. If you need it, I can post it. Let me know.

Sorry if this was too simple. You said detailed.

Hi Sharkie

Thanks for the information. Can you offer me some help here.

I had installed Swype_Full and SIP change. However, after so reset, the default word bank (for Touch Input) display as well as Swype's word selection. Is there a way to switch off the default input?

I have set the input selection to off for the Touch, however, it is still happening.

Looking forward for your help in this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Pure (HTC Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

dhatch93 is a n00b
word replacement?

Is anyone having problems when going back and trying to correct a word by double tapping on it? When the word list comes up and I choose a word it doesn't replace it correctly - some of the letters are missing from the word.

If I type a word and choose from the list right then it will replace fine - it only happens when I type a lot and go back and double tap to correct a word.

Wasn't sure if this was only happening to me- thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: MetroPCS

tekcomp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
4-4-2010 Update
-fixed missing symbols in lite version (uninstall previous version and soft reset before installing)

-added swype full vga version (contains languages and all of help files)

4-3-2010 Update
-Fixed landscape for VGA in attached lite version. Original cab was only for WVGA in landscape.

-Removed all help files and other languages since Swype must be installed to \windows. This makes the installation ~3.5 mb instead of ~9mb. Saves space .

-Added languages in zip. If you want to use one of them, download, unzip, and copy the language you want to \windows\swype.

-Original cab attached as NoVGALandscape_Original_Swype-3.9.10.10.5032.CAB for those of you who may want the original cab without vga landscape but with Help Files and all language support.

3-21-2010 Update
Posted new Swype-3.9.10.10.5032.cab.

There's a few threads about this in other phone sections here, but I thought our over-the-hill Diamond could use one as well. Swype has been ported to VGA and works by just sliding over the letters of a word. It seems to work pretty well and I may end up using it over TouchPal when I get more used to it. It does seem to be pretty fast and accurate. hirad_sabaghian posted it in a thread at XDA. See this thread for more information and screenshots. For convenience, I've attached the VGA ported version.
Thanks a billion, this works flawelessly on my HTC Diamond touch. I am begining to love this feature/app after a couple of uses. The folks at Swype have something good here. This is a must have, because the onscreen keyboard was a pain and slow to get use to it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond