PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you going to get the Evo 3D?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 100.00%
Maybe 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Arrive user going to get the EVO 3D?

Any Arrive user going to get the Evo 3D coming to Sprint on 24th?

Last edited by chong67; 06-06-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Not a chance. I am liking this phone more than I ever thought I would. I will patiently wait on Mango. Same reason I passed on the EVO. I am going to buy the wife one because she complains too much about her EVO and I get it as a hobby. Always did want to flash and play with Android but she won't have any part of that after my countless hrs flashing the TP2. I just don't like Android as an everyday OS over WP7.

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Not a chance. I am liking this phone more than I ever thought I would. I will patiently wait on Mango. Same reason I passed on the EVO. I am going to buy the wife one because she complains too much about her EVO and I get it as a hobby. Always did want to flash and play with Android but she won't have any part of that after my countless hrs flashing the TP2. I just don't like Android as an everyday OS over WP7.

I understand you really like the arrive. It is a really nice phone. Its going to be even better with the mango update if windows pushes it to this phone. But speak for yourself when you say evo is more of a hobby and you can't use it as a regular daily use os. I have had no issues with my evo when I had the stock rom and with a custom rom it kicks butt. If a survey was done right now most people would take evo over arrive. With that said, its a matter of preference. When windows phone 7 gets mango update the possibilities will be endless when it comes to picking a phone. This will be good for consumers overall as companies will fight for your loyalty. Some people will choose windows, others will choose ios others android and others webos. There isn't just one os that does everything. Some just get closer than others. When you can easily tether on wp7 then you can start putting on the same level as android or ios but until then, speak for yourself.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone or tablet
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Any Arrive user going to get the EVO 3D?

there's a poll like this in the TP2 section and the arrive is voted higher than the EVO. why do ppl continuously start threads to irritate the wp7 community and nothing whatsoever is being done about it except for the perpetrators getting a slap on the wrist? This is why Dr.8820 doesn't come here anymore.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I understand you really like the arrive. It is a really nice phone. Its going to be even better with the mango update if windows pushes it to this phone. But speak for yourself when you say evo is more of a hobby and you can't use it as a regular daily use os. I have had no issues with my evo when I had the stock rom and with a custom rom it kicks butt. If a survey was done right now most people would take evo over arrive. With that said, its a matter of preference. When windows phone 7 gets mango update the possibilities will be endless when it comes to picking a phone. This will be good for consumers overall as companies will fight for your loyalty. Some people will choose windows, others will choose ios others android and others webos. There isn't just one os that does everything. Some just get closer than others. When you can easily tether on wp7 then you can start putting on the same level as android or ios but until then, speak for yourself.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone or tablet
Stealth Guards
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Not a chance. I am liking this phone more than I ever thought I would. I will patiently wait on Mango. Same reason I passed on the EVO. I am going to buy the wife one because SHE complains too much about her EVO and I get it as a hobby. Always did want to flash and play with Android but she won't have any part of that after my countless hrs flashing the TP2. I just don't like Android as an everyday OS over WP7.

Before you try to turn this into a Aggie/Eric thread please reread my post. I did speak for myself and never bashed Android. I also stated she is the one that complains but doesn't want me messing with it. Lastly, I spoke for myself stating that I do not like it for my everyday phone. My wife or plenty of other Android users love it. She hates my Arrive. OP asked if anyone was leaving the Arrive for the EVO3D. I said no, stated my reason for not but expressed joy of having a spare EVO around to learn the OS and customize it. A lot of people do not have that fortune. What is the tethering remark for? I never claimed WP7 was superior or could do more than Android. Sounds to me like you either misread the post or just want to flame. I will consider this this disagreement over. Sorry if you felt offended.

Last edited by steveo70; 06-07-2011 at 12:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

we also have the right to bash Android here since this is the windows phone 7 section of the site and not the Android section. we have more class than to go over to Android and bash it. that's plain ignorant and childish. [Mod Edit: removed - Lets not go there again shall we?] will be coming to this thread to bash and expect them to not get dealt with because they have free roam here.

Last edited by gTen; 06-07-2011 at 02:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I am going to close this, personally I don't like closing threads and would rather just move them but in this case the Arrive is a brand new device and people recently signed their contract..to instigate for them to switch to a specific phone does nothing but cause hostility...

Also, please refrain from calling out people who are not currently participating in a discussion..mostly in a negative manner..

closed

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro