PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

-Enkidu- is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have to share with the community / current opinion of the Arrive

Ok, so, the OS & browser on wp7 are indeed quite useful & so fast. Battery life is absurdly good & the usefulness expands into being able to use my phone comfortably in ways that were not previously possible, such as signing up for vudu vs opening my computer faster than if I had opened it or sending a request to my apt complex. Nice, nice indeed & a HUGE ability to be able use it this way.

Anyway, what I consider limitations have caused me to purchase an Epic.

I am keeping the Arrive as a Zune for now & will switch back when Mango releases, but if Mango doesn't step up, it's gone.

Likewise, if the Epic / 2.3 cannot perforn this well, I am back to the Arrive / wp7.

Last edited by -Enkidu-; 05-15-2011 at 06:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Have to share with the community / current opinion of the Arrive

Mango will def step up. I love having an OS that works but DO miss the customization. I'm hanging in because what works and what I want to change will soon balance out.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

why waste money going to the epic fail? just stick it through mango is going to kick ass. you need to goto wpcentral alot more as they now listed more of mango features such as Facebook chat integrated into messaging hub, and WiFi tethering. those are just 2 of the great things I saw in that article.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Enkidu- View Post
Ok, so, the OS & browser on wp7 are indeed quite useful & so fast. Battery life is absurdly good & the usefulness expands into being able to use my phone comfortably in ways that were not previously possible, such as signing up for vudu vs opening my computer faster than if I had opened it or sending a request to my apt complex. Nice, nice indeed & a HUGE ability to be able use it this way.

Anyway, what I consider limitations have caused me to purchase an Epic.
I think you should clarify on what you consider limitations, some stuff you may be able to get assistance on...that said..welcome to the dark side..we have cupcakes, donuts, Eclairs, Frozen yogurts and gingerbreads...

Quote:
Likewise, if the Epic / 2.3 cannot perforn this well, I am back to the Arrive / wp7.
2.3 isn't out yet, but 2.3 will make things a lot better with Hummingbird optimizations...that said it works fairly smooth and smoother with a custom rom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
why waste money going to the epic fail?.
*all hell breaks loose* lol jk..though it seems by his statement he already bought it :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Everything has something to offer. GPS on the arrive is dead on. Web browser is great. The basic core functions performance is simply rock solid.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

j-man22 is just getting started

Yea, I'm loving my Arrive too, very solid phone. I know things will only get better after the next update and manufacturers release better hardware Also, I'm quite interested in what Nokia has up its sleeves.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

-Enkidu- is a n00b

Limitations that inconvenienced me:
1) USB mode / removeable data
2) Tethering / Internet sharing
3) Front facing camera (yeah, I knew this when I got into it).
4) RDP (there is likely an available 3rd party app)

Anyway, still planning on heading back to the Arrive after Mango. Cheers all!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

It's really the custom ringtones that get to me at the moment. I hope that mango doesn't slow down the phone in any way. It's great to rotate the phone and it rotates instantly instead of taking it's sweet time embarrassing you. Side swipe actually changes the screen instead of freezing. Phone booting up over a full minute faster. LOL, hate to say it but I dl'd the latest energy rom and it made me hate my tp2. While the phone was never fast it made it worthless.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
It's really the custom ringtones that get to me at the moment. I hope that mango doesn't slow down the phone in any way. It's great to rotate the phone and it rotates instantly instead of taking it's sweet time embarrassing you. Side swipe actually changes the screen instead of freezing. Phone booting up over a full minute faster. LOL, hate to say it but I dl'd the latest energy rom and it made me hate my tp2. While the phone was never fast it made it worthless.
yea I never used NRG ROM, he always puts alot of bloatware like CHT and such into his roms the 6.1 roms and vins roms however offered top notch performance for the tp2
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC Arrive

fade007 is keeping up the good workfade007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea I never used NRG ROM, he always puts alot of bloatware like CHT and such into his roms the 6.1 roms and vins roms however offered top notch performance for the tp2
Although I partially agree with you about "some" of NRG's ROM's, he still has a couple of basic ROMS for the TP2 without any "bloatware" or CHT and they are probably the fastest I'd used on my TP2 before going to the Arrive. And prior to NRG I had been on MightyROM which was fast as hell.

Let's not knock the chef without having all the facts straight, especially if you never used his ROM's as you stated. (yes, I know you're gonna flame me for this)

----------------------------------

Back to the subject at hand, personally I'm loving the Arrive and WP7.
Very impressed with what MS is doing and has in the works.
A couple of minor quirks and cons but then again I came from WinMo 6.5.x so I'm used to tweaking the hell out of the device.
But very satisfied over all.
Great battery life and snappy as hell.

Looking forward to the Mango update.

Also, heads up for those on Sprint, security update coming on the 24th. (READ)

And for those who are itching for Angry Birds.........June 29............ (READ)

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro