PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have to share with the community / current opinion of the Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade007 View Post
Although I partially agree with you about "some" of NRG's ROM's, he still has a couple of basic ROMS for the TP2 without any "bloatware" or CHT and they are probably the fastest I'd used on my TP2 before going to the Arrive. And prior to NRG I had been on MightyROM which was fast as hell.

Let's not knock the chef without having all the facts straight, especially if you never used his ROM's as you stated. (yes, I know you're gonna flame me for this)

----------------------------------

Back to the subject at hand, personally I'm loving the Arrive and WP7.
Very impressed with what MS is doing and has in the works.
A couple of minor quirks and cons but then again I came from WinMo 6.5.x so I'm used to tweaking the hell out of the device.
But very satisfied over all.
Great battery life and snappy as hell.

Looking forward to the Mango update.

Also, heads up for those on Sprint, security update coming on the 24th. (READ)

And for those who are itching for Angry Birds.........June 29............ (READ)
no, im not going to flame u. I only flame those who bash wp7 without trying it or providing faccts to support their claims and that's not even a flame I just ask them to provide a source and they never do. I may have never tried his TP2 roms but I tried his TP roms and they were in fact unstable and I always see people complaining about his TP2 roms.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Talking Re: Have to share with the community / current opinion of the Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Enkidu- View Post
Limitations that inconvenienced me:
1) USB mode / removeable data
2) Tethering / Internet sharing
3) Front facing camera (yeah, I knew this when I got into it).
4) RDP (there is likely an available 3rd party app)

Anyway, still planning on heading back to the Arrive after Mango. Cheers all!
You won't regret going to the Epic over the Arrive. I did and it was the best decision out there. A lot of the Windows iPhone 7 users are in denial that the operating system and limitations suck and keep hoping that some fruit will fix the problem. We shall see, maybe I too will go back, but I doubt it because Android and the Epic are far superior to the Arrive in all categories important to me. And your #1 was my #1, couldn't stand not being able to transfer multimedia or files from CPU to phone without Zune hijacking the process!

Maybe this too will be fixed once Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Papaya, Strawberry, etc.... updates are released. Maybe then Windows iPhone 7 will be at the level Android is today....
Old 05-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
You won't regret going to the Epic over the Arrive. I did and it was the best decision out there. A lot of the Windows iPhone 7 users are in denial that the operating system and limitations suck and keep hoping that some fruit will fix the problem. We shall see, maybe I too will go back, but I doubt it because Android and the Epic are far superior to the Arrive in all categories important to me. And your #1 was my #1, couldn't stand not being able to transfer multimedia or files from CPU to phone without Zune hijacking the process!

Maybe this too will be fixed once Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Papaya, Strawberry, etc.... updates are released. Maybe then Windows iPhone 7 will be at the level Android is today....
mango is going to be huge and it will bring alot to the table I can pull up some articles if u want. there's a tool that was released to turn a wp7 into a USB drive so there's no Zune hacking required now. but once SkyDrive sync arrives there won't be any need for this,especially when combined with windows live mesh.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

icepick127001 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What keeps me from going with the Arrive are: small screen (when compared to other high-end phones out there: Galaxy series, Evo, etc...), dated hardware (CPU & RAM).

What I liked about the Arrive is that it feels like a solid build in the hand. It would be more inviting with a larger and higher quality screen.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick127001 View Post
What keeps me from going with the Arrive are: small screen (when compared to other high-end phones out there: Galaxy series, Evo, etc...), dated hardware (CPU & RAM).

What I liked about the Arrive is that it feels like a solid build in the hand. It would be more inviting with a larger and higher quality screen.
The Arrive has a 3.6 in screen same as the Evo shift and the touch screen is a higher quality than the Evo. And your right about the physical build quality its what most would say is the best in Sprint's line up.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick127001 View Post

there's really no need to worry about hardware when it comes to wp7 Its designed and optimized to work with its current hardware and once mango comes it will be even better because we will be able to control what runs in the background (something that currently cannot be done in Android without consequence; 2nd time I said this today)
Old 05-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: sprint

imecoli is a n00b

I almost feel like I have an Iphone, but in a bad way, C'mon can we get an adobe flash player? I had to view media and flash player is not available for this. does anyone have a workaround?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imecoli View Post
I almost feel like I have an Iphone, but in a bad way, C'mon can we get an adobe flash player? I had to view media and flash player is not available for this. does anyone have a workaround?
ur complaining to the wrong people about the flash player. Adobe has a contact us on their webpage in which u can feel free to unleash ur discontent towards them over the fact that there isn't flash yet in wp7. MS has nothing to do with this, flash anyway is extremely memory and battery hungry and dated as well ,html5 and Silverlight is the future and MS will be bringing support for those in or before mango. as well as the workaround it all depends on what media u are trying to view.

Last edited by eric12341; 05-21-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: sprint

imecoli is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ur complaining to the wrong people about the flash player. Adobe has a contact us on their webpage in which u can feel free to unleash ur discontent towards them over the fact that there isn't flash yet in wp7. MS has nothing to do with this, flash anyway is extremely memory and battery hungry and dated as well ,html5 and Silverlight is the future and MS will be bringing support for those in or before mango. as well as the workaround it all depends on what media u are trying to view.
Sorry if it sounds like bashing, I like the phone, but like all phones out there, there will always be something missing form the previous phone, fortunaltly I have 3 spare batteries from the TP2. I also liked the World Card(?) on the TP2 that copied business cards to your contacts. I am looking forward to Mango, but I think MS should have been better prepared with the Win 7 release. It is night and day compared to the TP2, even running custom ROMs. I do miss custom ringtones and I always get looks at the bad ringtone I use(trucker Hat) but I just use this to annoy others.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: Have to share with the community / current opinion of the Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Too bad only MS will be pimping Silverlight, as it is an MS product and in direct competition with Adobe Flash....... Again, Windows iPhone 7 delivers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro