PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrive on SERO: confirmed

Just ordered it through telesales...No change needed to my plan...my plan is SERO Premium $40
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Arrive on SERO: confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
Just ordered it through telesales...No change needed to my plan...my plan is SERO Premium $40
i wouldn't get so excited, its not activated yet and i bet it changes then. see they want money so they let you order then time to activate and all hell breaks loose.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

well its supposed to work fine on sero-p so hopefully it does.
its $30 sero and legacy plan people who really want this to work for them (and it won't unfortunately).
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i wouldn't get so excited, its not activated yet and i bet it changes then. see they want money so they let you order then time to activate and all hell breaks loose.
well, i was assured by the rep...i even requested that she confirm with a supervisor. according to her, most smartphones are fine with SERO-P now...apparently Sprint changed their policy on Android and webOS phones on SERO plans sometime time this past fall...only the EVO and EPIC have +$10 charge.....sucks for the people who jumped to an "Everything" plan for the EVO early....

FYI, the rep i spoke to was Melanie Bush at 888-882-4030(Employee Plan Telesales).
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Sero P ($40) works fine with all flagship phones, this is well documented already. If you needed. If you need to activate a 4G phone it is another $10 making it $50.

I activated 2 new Arrives on my account on Sero Premium earlier today with no problems. I even got a print out from the store showing my plan after the change and it still showing Sero P for $40

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Sero P ($40) works fine with all flagship phones, this is well documented already. If you needed. If you need to activate a 4G phone it is another $10 making it $50.

I activated 2 new Arrives on my account on Sero Premium earlier today with no problems. I even got a print out from the store showing my plan after the change and it still showing Sero P for $40
awesome....i am so happy i held out for WP7. i went to the store today to play with the phone before i ordered it and i loved it....i can't wait till it ships.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

wngafook is a n00b

Sero Premium $40 as well. Had to put up a bit of a fight; regular customer care staff weren't able to figure it out.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well, got my phone and activated it last night...no plan change needed to activate...SERO Premium still fully intact.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I might get this phone down the road ...

So you just call Telesales and you can get the phone for $199?

I only have basic $30 SERO and my 2 yr contract is almost over.

Last edited by chong67; 03-24-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

vaporE is just getting started

I can also confirm HTC Arrive on SERO. I had $30 SERO and they changed me to $40 SERO Premium. With the SERO Premium, they told me that I now get Sprint TV, Navigation and Any Mobile, Any Carrier, Any time for free.

I went into the store to purchase. While at the store, the sales woman couldn't touch my account so she had me call *2 on my personal phone, tell them that I am in the store upgrading to the Arrive and the lady on the phone walked me through it. After the call the local sales woman added the Arrive to my account.

Took about 15 minutes for everything.

When it came to my contacts, since my TP2 was "rooted" with MightyROM they wouldn't transfer my contacts. I used PIMBackup to export my contacts to csv, import to Outlook, did a few cleanup duties in outlook, export to csv again, import to HOTMAIL contacts and then sync'd my phone to hotmail. That took another 15 mins simply due to the outlook cleanup duties.

**EDIT**
One other item, I was able to have them pricematch to amazon (after rebate) so it was $250 out the door and then the $100 mail in rebate will take it to $150. Not necessarily a slick deal but I feel good about it.

Last edited by vaporE; 03-24-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added Pricing

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro