PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Thumbs up Re: So I played with the Arrive for a long time today..

Well done!! The keyboard is very similar to the touch pro2 except for the enter key. I am assuming it will be the replacement for the TP2.

Giovanny
Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: So I played with the Arrive for a long time today..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Back surgery? ouch man... I wish you speedy recovery. I had part of my L5 disc removed, no fusion, and was up and walking around with 0 pain 2 hours after surgery. I got extremely lucky.

Anyways to get back on topic. To the OP, what sweet talking did you have to do to get your hands on that training device? I would like to see if my local store would allow me to fondle the new device.
Darren is correct, I work for Sprint. The policy is no customers until release.

The keyboard is very good, although the back key placement in the corner feels odd, but it may be me used to the Epic.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i went into my local sprint store (about 12 mi away from my home) and preordered mine, they seemed confused and didnt know what i was talkin bout at first but it all worked out in the end, hopefully itll come with a screen protector and that they will apply it before they begin to activate it for me when i go purchase it 8-9 days from now. and the no landscape on home page isnt a big deal because the text/email/and IE does work in landscape and i dont even use the homescreen on landscape on my tp2.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

roblord is just getting started

If the virtual keyboard is anything like the Dell Venue Pro's, you probably won't even utilize the keyboard as much as you think. My biggest reason for going from the touch pro 2 to the venue pro was the lack of landscape commitment from windows 7.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

What is lack of landscape? Mine works fine in landscape mode....except for the home screen...because there's just live tiles there, no need to type anything on the home screen.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
i went into my local sprint store (about 12 mi away from my home) and preordered mine, they seemed confused and didnt know what i was talkin bout at first but it all worked out in the end, hopefully itll come with a screen protector and that they will apply it before they begin to activate it for me when i go purchase it 8-9 days from now. and the no landscape on home page isnt a big deal because the text/email/and IE does work in landscape and i dont even use the homescreen on landscape on my tp2.
there is no screen protector in the box of the arrive i used today and i asked if owner of store got but no. maybe thats just for store phones but most new phones from sprint dont have them. my epic/evo and baby evo all didnt have them.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

They started being stingy on cases too, they gave me a gel case with the hd2, notta on the hd7.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint For Now

alphaxi3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
doesn't op work there? im off to my friends store @ 12 today cause they got one but there not open to public use but im playing with one all day. scares me the one picture shows slider open but phones not in landscape?
That how the phone works for now, maybe in the upgrade coming this summer this will get fixed. I mean all they have to do is rotate the tiles 90 degrees. How hard can that be?

As far as the download of some games needing to be done over Wifi or a PC connection, that may be a Sprint thing trying to keep bandwidth down.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaxi3 View Post
That how the phone works for now, maybe in the upgrade coming this summer this will get fixed. I mean all they have to do is rotate the tiles 90 degrees. How hard can that be?

As far as the download of some games needing to be done over Wifi or a PC connection, that may be a Sprint thing trying to keep bandwidth down.
well no other phones are like that though so i dont think so.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

What is lack of landscape? Mine works fine in landscape mode....except for the home screen...because there's just live tiles there, no need to type anything on the home screen.
The browser, tilted landscape doesn't show a URL bar or any onscreen functions, it's pure scrolling.

You can't bring down the bar and utilize the onscreen keyboard whatsoever.

When you pull open the keyboard, the URL pops down though.

Just something I noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaxi3 View Post
And that may very well be, but it's a disappointment nonetheless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro